VISION“To produce adequately trained socially responsible and innovative engineers in the area of electrical & electronics engineering, competent enough to enhance the image of the country in international arena”.
MISSIONTo achieve the vision goals the following specific tasks are undertaken:
- M1:Quality Education: Commitment to world-class teaching, mentoring and intellectual stimulation.
- M2: Industry ready: Exposure to latest technologies and industrial practices through industrial interaction and collaboration.
- M3: Social responsibility: Inculcating value based education leading to social awareness.
- M4:Entrepreneur:Encouraging Entrepreneurship activities.
- If you are interested in electrical systems and electrical engineering
- If generation, transmission, and distribution of electrical power, as well as electronic applications in electrical equipment and systems grab your interest
- If your goal is to be the best in your chosen field
- If you are looking for experienced and dedicated faculty to hand hold you through the entire period of study.
Then, you are at the right place!
- Accredited by NBA
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Centre
- PEO1: Professional career: Graduates will have a flourishing career in electrical and electronics engineering or associated industries.
- PEO2:Perspective towards lifelong learning: Graduates will have ability to adapt with emerging trends and carries research.
- PEO3: Environment sustainability: Graduates will acquire managerial skill to solve technical issues at the least economic and ecological cost.
- PSO1:Clean energy for rural development: Generate electric energy using sustainable sources and design a smart distributed generation system for rural upliftment.
- PSO2: Exposure to emerging problems: Identify and analyze the harmonics created in electrical systems in synergy with power electronics and controllers.
Prof. Premalatha holds a Master’s degree with specialization in Power Electronics and Renewable Energy sources. With her teaching experience of 8 years she has guided a number of Student Projects in the areas of Power Electronics.
She has carried out the simulation of Half Impulse Radiating Antenna using Computer Simulation Technology and presented papers in several International Conferences.
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL and ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
|1.||Dr. ABRAHAM GEORGE||B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D||Professor|
|2.||Dr. BHAGWAN SHREE RAM||B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D||Professor|
|3.||Dr. SOUMYA MISHRA||B.Tech., M.Tech., Ph.D||Associate Professor|
|4.||Ms. PREMALATHA P.||B.E., M.Tech.||Associate Professor & HOD|
|5.||Ms. PUVVADA PRAVEENA||B.Tech., M.Tech.||Associate Professor|
|6.||Mr. BASAVAREDDY||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|7.||Ms. JAANAKI S. M.||B.E.,M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|8.||Mr. SARIN M. V.||B.Tech., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|9.||Mr. SATHISH KUMAR H.||B.E., M.E., (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|10.||Ms. DHARATI KULKARNI||B.E., M.E.||Assistant Professor|
|11.||Ms. JEAN MARY JOSE||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|12.||Ms. SHWETA PATIL||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|13.||Ms. GAYATHRI R.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|14.||Mr. P. SUNIL KUMAR||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|15.||Ms. SRUTHI DAMODARAN||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|16.||Ms. T. NANDHINI PRIYA||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|17.||Ms. RENJANI||B.Tech., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
Analog Electronics Lab
Deals with Analog Electronics circuits, its fabrication and its analysis.
Circuit Simulation & Electrical Measurements
This lab deals with various Electrical measurements and measuring equipments and its applications. Simulation of various electric circuits are also conducted in this lab.
Control Systems Lab
Study and analysis of various control system components and control system modules are done in this lab.
Digital Electronics Lab
Conduct experiments on digital logic, design and implementation of digital circuits.
Electrical Machines Lab
Various tests and performance evaluation of DC machines, induction machines, transformers and synchronous machines are done in this lab.
Programming and applications of microcontrollers for various applications. Both hardware and simulation programs are available in the lab.
Power Electronics Lab
Experiments related to power electronics circuits like rectifiers, inverters, choppers, drives and control of various machines using the power electronics modules are done here.
Power System Simulation Lab
Computer simulation of various power system problems and its solutions are observed here.
Relay & High Voltage Lab
Experiments related to high voltage engineering are done in this laboratory. Testing of various relays for its performance and application.
- A team of students from EEE have participated in Pravega Innovation Summit held during Jan 2018 and won Rs 1 lakh as First Prize on “Gesture Talk, providing a voice to the voiceless”
- Mr. Bangalore 2017
- A Team of students from ECE, EEE and AERO won Runner up prize at a competition “Search and Rescue” held at Open Day of IISc, Bangalore during the year 2017
- AICTE conducted employability exam at which he ranked 70th in all India level.
- AICTE conducted employability exam at which he ranked 57th in all India level.
- A Team students from EEE have participated in Shaastra 2016, Vayu Shakthi is a Wind Turbine Design Competition held at IIT, Madras on 24.01.2016
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering organized SPARK...
An Industrial visit to U R Rao Satellite Centre...
Sign of Progress: Students design speech hearing device – News coverage Deccan chronicle and Vijay Karnataka
Deccan Chronicle Vijay Karnataka
The Times of India