- Quality Education: To deliver world-class teaching, mentoring and intellectual stimulation to our students.
- Industry-Ready: To expose students to the latest technologies and industrial practices through professional interactions and collaborative events.
- Social Responsibility: To mould students to reach high levels of social awareness and responsibility, through the principles of value-based education.
- Entrepreneurship: To promote and inculcate the spirit of entrepreneurship in students through activities, seminars, and other entrepreneurship events.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- If you are interested in electrical systems and electrical engineering
- If generation, transmission, and distribution of electrical power, as well as electronic applications in electrical equipment and systems grab your interest
- If your goal is to be the best in your chosen field
- If you are looking for experienced and dedicated faculty to hand hold you through the entire period of study.
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Centre
•PR&DC, •ABB, •GE, •KPTCL, •Jindal Steels, •IFB, •TCS, •Infosys, •IBM, •CTS, •Wipro, •L&T, •HCL, •Tech Mahindra, •Caritor, •Tata Elxsi, •HP, •Sasken, •National, •Instruments, •Texas Instruments, •Huawei
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- Professional Career: To enable students to achieve success in their careers in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or associated industries.
- Perspective Towards Lifelong Learning: To develop among our students the ability to adapt to emerging trends in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Management Skills and Environmental Sustainability: To train our students to acquire managerial skills in order to face technical and non-technical challenges, at the least economic and ecological cost.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- Environment and Sustainability: To enable the students to understand electrical energy generation using sustainable sources. To also help them design smart distributed generation systems for rural upliftment.
- Investigation of Complex Problems: To help students identify and analyse the harmonics created in electrical systems, in synergy with power electronics and controllers.
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Prof. Premalatha holds a Master’s degree with specialization in Power Electronics and Renewable Energy sources. With her teaching experience of 8 years she has guided a number of Student Projects in the areas of Power Electronics.
She has carried out the simulation of Half Impulse Radiating Antenna using Computer Simulation Technology and presented papers in several International Conferences.
GO TO ANOTHER COURSE
GET IN TOUCH
Centre of Excellence
The course is an in depth study of Electric circuits and fields, Analog, Digital and Power electronics, Signals, Microcontrollers, Electric power generation, Electrical machines and design. Students start with analog and digital electronics in the second year and gradually work their way up for the fundamentals of this discipline. Microcontrollers, Network analysis and field theory are some of the areas covered in this year. Power electronics will enable the students to apply electronic principles in electrical systems. In the third year, students take up power system related courses like transmission and distribution, Design of electrical equipment, signals and systems in communication. In the final year, Computer techniques in power systems, High voltage engineering, Power system operation and Control and Energy Distribution system train them in core Electrical engineering.
With an aim to create technical awareness among the engineering students, Electrical and Electronics Department, inaugurated “SPARK”, the Department club for students, on 5th April 2014. The students participate in events like Technical Skill Test, Tech Talk and Seminar and attended various workshops and guest lecturers. Involving in these activities help the students to improve their Technical, communication skills and learning for better career opportunities. The club is driven by faculty coordinators & student coordinators who plan & conduct different types of intra-department & inter-department innovative events. Department is associated with professional body, Institution of Engineers.
Guest lecture on lighting was organized on 4th October 2017 with eminent speakers from Indian Society of Lighting Engineers (ISLE), Karnataka Sate Centre (KSC). Speakers were Mr. K. Chandrashekhar, Member, ISLE, KSC, Mr.Sathyendra, Secretary of ISLE-KSC , Mr. Ravi K Rao, Member, ISLE,KSC and Mr. MSN Swamy, Chairman, ISLE
- SAMPATH T G, ROHITH RAMACHANDRA BHAT of 3rd year EEE, Participated in the Club Activity “TECHPRISA” held on 6th October 2016 Organised by SPARK club of EEE Department and won First Prize.
- ABHINAND VINODH, RITWIK RAM of 3rd year EEE, Participated in the Club Activity “TECHPRISA” held on 6th October 2016 Organised by SPARK club of EEE Department and won Second Prize.
- H.SATHISH KUMAR, Assistant Professor, EEE department has presented 3 papers in the conference “Alternative Energy In Developing Countries And Emerging Economies(AEDCEE 2017)held at Bangkok and papers got published in Elsevier, Energy Procedia.
- Devanshu Jha, Moinuddin S. Savadatti, Abhishek Nanda, Chiragdeep Singh Malhotra, 3rd year students of EEE, published a paper titled “Li-Fi The new way of communication” in the Asian Journal of Applied Science and Technology (AJAST) Volume 1, Issue 2, April 2017 on 26th and 27th April 2017.
- Devanshu Jha,a 3rd year student of EEE, published a paper titled “The future of Wireless communication LI-FI(Light Fidelity) on 12th Jan 2017 in the International journal of Advanced Research Methodology In Engineering and Technology Vol:1 Issue:2 March 2017.
- Devanshu Jha,a 3rd year student of EEE, published a paper titled “The future of Radio Communication on 22nd and 23rd March 2017 in the IEEE International Conference on Wireless Communications, Signal Processing and Networking (WiSPNET).
- Third year EEE students ,Shrujan Pitta,Dhanush H.K,Vijay.S,Santhosh.R participated in the competition organised by KLEIT ,HUBBALLI and won Second and Third Prize in the event JUGGLE WITH BRAIN QUIZ on 23rd and 24th of September 2016.
- Third year EEE students, Vijay.S &Santhosh.R participated in the competition CIRCUITRIX organized by KLEIT , HUBBALLI and won Second prize held on 23rd and 24th of September 2016.
- Gaurav Singh, of 4th year EEE, Participated in the Short Film Making competition on 14th Sep 2017 Organised by New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore, and won First place.
- Final year Electrical students Ravindra Kumar D, Julia George, Manu G S & Pooja D Hegde of MVJCE, Bangalore, designed and displayed the working model of wind mill (which can generate voltage of 12 V with a wind speed of 7m/sec. They have designed it using aluminum blades with a diameter of 1.04m and a PMDC motor of 50W, 600rpm. It has a capability to withstand up to a wind speed of 15m/sec) in Shaastra – 2016, Vaayu Shakti is a Wind Turbine design competition held at IIT Madras on 24.01.2016 and secured second place in the competition among all the participants from reputed institutions all over India.
- Mr Sainath and Mr Gourav, students of EEE Department (Team Raagabhinaya productions of Theater Club of MVJ College of Engineering) ) have participated under the student category in the Yes bank competition, 'YES I AM THE CHANGE' and was awarded with a cash prize of Rs 1 Lakh in January 2017. This YES BANK event has emerged as as the world’s largest social film movement with over 5 lakh youth participants from 2,500 cities and towns across India. Our students choose the theme of 'RESPONSIBLE CITIZENSHIP’, It was 101 hour challenge which means that the participants had to complete the film in 101 hours . The film was uploaded on the YES bank site and the popular choice award was opened. Among 82 films uploaded, our film ranked 4th and it stood 5th in the jury round. The jury included eminent film and media personalities, corporate leaders and educationists including Anu Aga, Vikas Bahl, Prasoon Joshi, Pritish Nandy, Piyush Pandey, Dr. Indu Shahani amongst others.
- Mr Aditya Keyal -3rd rank in VTU in B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering in the year 2006-2007
- Mr Sandeep Kumar Soni -6th rank in VTU in B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering in the year 2006-2007
- Ms.Jayalakshmi.A - 3rd rank in VTU in B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering in the year 2007-2008