(An initiative by MHRD, Institution Innovation Council)
Time: 1.30 pm TO 3.30 pm
Venue: Smt. Rajalakshmi Seminar Hall
Speaker: Ms. Shwetasree Majumder, Principal, Fidus Law Chambers
Profile of the Speaker (Facebook Live Session)
Ms. Shwetasree Majumder
Fidus Law Chambers
- Shwetasree Majumder is an alumna of the National Law School, Bangalore.
- She founded Fidus Law Chambers in 2008.
- She was elected to the Board of Directors of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
- She concentrates her practice in litigation, enforcement and counselling in intellectual property, technology, advertising and trade secrets matters, across a broad spectrum of industries.
- She has been a member of a panel which worked on the Verma Committee Report, leading up to amendments in Indian criminal laws to address crimes against women.
175 students and 11 faculty members from various departments participated in the event.
Content Presented in the Facebook Live Session:
The definition, and the significance of protecting intellectual property were briefly explained. Patents, types of patent applications, and prosecution of patent were covered under the topic ‘Patents’. The importance of patent over trade secret was emphasised. The differences between real and unreal logos, and products were highlighted with examples.
Geographical indicators are given to the community, not to the individual. The geographical indicators include Tirupati Laddu, Basmati Rice, Channapatna Toys and Mysore Silk.
Outcome of the Event:
Students and Faculty members were able to understand
- The Need and Significance of IPR
- Difference between Real and Unreal products
- Counterfeiting the unreal or similar products