SRISHTI Club, Civil Engineering Department, MVJ College of Engineering, organized an Event on ‘Poster Presentation & Extempore Speech’, on 12th October, 2019, at Smt. Rajalakshmi Jayaraman Seminar Hall. The Event was organized by Prof. Bhavya B S (Asst. Prof. – Department of Civil Engineering). Students, faculty members and the non-teaching staff of the Civil Engineering Department participated in this program. The registrations were opened on 10th October, 2019, and around 80 students registered for the event.
The Event comprised two rounds.
ROUND 1: POSTER PRESENTATION
- Sustainable Energy
- Solid Waste Management
- Rain Water Harvesting
Students could also present Posters on the topic ‘How to enhance the income of villages through the intervention of Technology and Management Practices’
(Topic of AICTE Vishwakarma Awards – 2019)
ROUND 2: EXTEMPORE SPEECH
The top 5 teams who qualified from Round 1 had to give an impromptu speech on a given topic, without any prior preparation.
RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS
- The topics chosen for the Posters must be related to our college campus.
- A Team should have minimum 2 and maximum 4 students.
- The Posters must be designed on the spot, within the allotted time of 2 hours.
- The topics presented must be accompanied by a Report, which can be prepared beforehand.
- Chart Paper of A2 size (42cm*60cm) will be provided. The teams are expected to carry other materials such as colour pens, ruler, pencils etc.
- The team which scores the highest points will be declared the winner.
- Judges decision will be final.
The panel of Judges:
- Sayanasri Varada (Assoc. Prof. – Department of Chemical Engineering)
- Sivakannan S (Assoc. Prof. – Department of Medical Electronics)
- Manu D S (Assoc. Prof. – Department of Civil Engineering)
- Vetrivel N (Assoc. Prof. – Department of Civil Engineering)
The response to this program from the students was very positive and enthusiastic. Dr. Muralidhara R (HOD, Department of Civil Engineering) motivated the students who participated, and the faculty members who organize such activities. He appreciated the efforts of the students.
Prizes were given to the best three teams.
The winners are:
- Mallikarjun (7A)
- Devappa (7A)
- Bharath (3A )
- Gagan Kumar (3A)
- Likith Gowda (3A)
- Hithesh (5A)
- Dhanraj (7A)
- Manasa (5A)
- Chandan (3A)
- Gayathri (5A)
Outcome of the Event:
This type of Events develops the technical knowledge and creative minds of students, and also augments team work, as the students took the initiative to work as a team – this will help them in all their future endeavors.