Dr. M V Jayaraman Foundation
Dr. M V Jayaraman was a teacher, a scholar, a musician, but above all, a visionary. His mission was to offer quality education in a wide range of disciplines. His first step into the field of education – the Venkatesha Education Society – has undergone a metamorphosis from starting a Teacher Training College to a highly eminent organization administering 11 institutions under its auspices.
In its endeavor to impart knowledge to the deserving and meritorious students, MVJ College of Engineering in remembrance of its founder and desire to take forward his legacy to make education available to all classes of society, has instituted scholarships for academic excellence through Dr. M V Jayaraman Foundation for its Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs.
Seeds of great discoveries are constantly floating around us, but they only take root in minds well prepared to receive them.
– Joseph Henry
Joseph Henry (1797–1878) was an American scientist who served as the first Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution.
MVJ College of Engineering provides financial assistance for meritorious students at Graduate and Post graduate levels, to impart technical skills which will ultimately benefit the society.
The scholarships for Under graduate studies will be awarded on the basis of the ranks of K-CET examination (conducted by Karnataka Examination Authorities) or JEE Examination (conducted by Testing Agency)
The scholarships for Post graduate studies will be awarded on the basis of the ranks of PG-CET examination (conducted by Karnataka Examination Authorities) or MAT/CAT Examination.
For Under graduate students in Management/ AMPCK Quota:
1st Year Admission:
Merit 1: Students within 1000 (K-CET rank)/ within 2000 (JEE - Mains/Advanced rank) - 100% Tuition Fee & 50% College Fee will be waived.
Merit 2: Students within 5000 (K-CET rank)/ within 6000 (JEE - Mains/Advanced rank) and Students with above 90% aggregate in 10+2 (PUC - Karnataka Board, CBSE, ICSE)- 80% of Tution Fee will be waived.
(Note: Students from other State Boards can apply to email@example.com for scholarship)
For Post graduate Students in Management/AMPCK Quota:
PG Merit: Students within 2000 (PGCET/ MAT/CAT rank)
Continuation of scholarship for Higher Semesters (2nd, 3rd and 4th Year)
- Only the students who availed the scholarship in the previous years are eligible to apply for renewal.
- Students from merit 1 cannot migrate to merit 2 or vice versa.
- Those who failed to secure CGPA >9.0 are not eligible to apply for scholarships from the subsequent academic year. Such students need to pay the regular Tuition Fee and College Fee as applicable.
4. Selection Procedure
1. The Scholarship Application will open on 1st May 2020
2. The candidate has to send an application, along with the scanned copies of proof of results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
4. The application of the candidate will be verified and processed by the scholarship committee of MVJCE.
5. The Scholarship committee will recommend the list of students found eligible, to the management for grant of scholarship.
5. Terms and Conditions
- Scholarship will be considered for only one academic year. To avail the scholarship for the next academic year, the student needs to submit the renewal application form, along with the necessary documents, 2 weeks before the commencement of odd semester.
- The following terms need to be satisfied by the applicants:
- To renew the scholarship, the candidates need to score CGPA>9.0, in every semester.
- Any new application or renewal application of the scholarship after the due date will be rejected.
- The candidates need to re-apply, along with the result documents duly attested by the Principal.
- If any student fails to score CGPA > 9.0 in an academic year, he/she will not be eligible to apply for scholarship in the next academic year. Such students need to pay the regular Tuition Fee and College Fee as per the mode of selection (K-CET / JEE) for UG, and PGCET / MAT / CAT for PG.
- The student needs to have 85% attendance in all the subjects.
- The student should not have been involved in any activity which is in the nature of indiscipline or tarnishing the reputation of the institution.
- If the scholarship beneficiary discontinues his/her course, the complete benefit of scholarship availed previously must be returned by him/her.
- The MVJCE Scholarship Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any Scholarship Application.
6. Documents Required
The candidate needs to submit the scholarship application form, along with the documents specified below:
For Under graduate Students:
- Aadhaar Card
- K-CET / JEE Mark Card
- 12th / PUC Mark Card
- 10th Mark Card
For Post graduate Students:
- Aadhaar Card
- PGCET / CAT / MAT Score Card
- Undergraduate Mark Card
- 12th Mark Card
- 10th Mark Card
2nd, 3rd & 4th Year
The candidate needs to submit a Scholarship Renewal application form, along with the documents specified below:
- Result sheet of the previous academic year.
- Recommendation letter from the HOD attested by Principal.
- Attendance Certificate to prove 85% attendance in all subjects.
Any queries regarding the scholarship can be mailed to email@example.com
Guidelines for Dr. M V Jayaraman Foundation
- The scholarship will be awarded for one year at a time. Scholarships are renewed based on student performance and behavior.
- The eligibility criteria for the scholarships are as reflected under each of the scholarships in the above sections.
- Students should apply for this scholarship in the format provided in MVJCE website and forward the application to The Chairman, MVJ College of Engineering, Whitefield, Bangalore 560067 super scribing on the envelope “Application for Dr. M V Jayaraman Foundation Scholarship”.
- The application for scholarships may be sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with scanned copies of the required documents or via post with copies of documents attached to the application.
- Only application received before the deadline specified in the website shall be considered for screening. The schedule and deadline set for award of scholarships shall be final and no student may request for extension of dates irrespective of the reasons.
- All documents received from the students are required to be notarized. The documents shall be verified for authenticity, if any discrepancies are found during the verification process the application for scholarship will be rejected.
- The students shortlisted for the scholarship will be informed by letter/email by the Dr. M V Jayaraman foundation. The student shall acknowledge receipt of selection and communicate acceptance of scholarship within 2 days of receipt of letter/email. Non-receipt of acceptance shall be considered as decline of scholarship and the same shall be offered to a different student.
- The students shortlisted shall be interviewed by the committee governing the foundation. The committee shall interview the student on communication, aptitude, academic/ sports excellence and any other aspect decided by the committee.
- The decision of the committee is final and no representation from external parties will be considered.
- Upon selection and acceptance of a student for scholarship, the student is required to confirm admission to scholarship by completing all the documentation formalities.
- The scholarship process will be complete only after the selection of seat in the CET counseling process and completion of admission formalities by submission of original 10th grade documents at the college
- Receipt of certificates from the student will be acknowledged by the College and the College shall take complete responsibility for the safety of the certificates under its custody. The certificates shall be retained by the College until expiry of scholarship
- Withdrawal of scholarship by the foundation due to non adherence of scholarship norms
- Voluntary withdrawal of the student from the scholarship
- On acceptance of scholarship by the student, he/she shall not avail or accept any other scholarship provided by government/any other trust or organization under the same class of scholarship.
- The scholarship awarded is for a period of One year and shall be renewed on a yearly basis provided the student fulfills all the norms/ eligibility criteria of scholarship. Non-adherence of scholarship norms will result in withdrawal of scholarship.
- If a student discontinues his education while under the scholarship, he/she shall refund the amount to the foundation equal to the amount of scholarship he/she has received till date. Only after receiving the refund will the College return the certificates received from the student.
CANCELLATION /WITHDRAWAL OF ADMISSION POLICY
This policy is part of regulations governing admissions of the College and lays down the procedure for cancellation of admission/withdrawal of admission and for refund of fee paid.
The policy is framed based on UGC Notification vide Ref: D.O No. 1 -3/2007 dated 6.12.2016 under UGC Regulations, 2012 and UGC Guidelines, AICTE refund policy and Supreme Court judgment in the case of Islamic Academy of Education vs. State of Karnataka reported in (2003) 6 SCC 697.KNOW MORE