Entrepreneurship At MVJCE
MVJCE’s EDC targets entrepreneurship in collaboration with the National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) and Visvesveraya Technological University (VTU). The EDC provides opportunities to young engineers interested in entrepreneurship to attend seminars and events targeted at building entrepreneurial skills. One such event is E-Week, in affiliation with VTU, where students participate in a variety of competitions like Business Plan, Last Team Standing, Tiger Four and War Zone.
NEN represents India’s largest and most dynamic community of new and future high-growth entrepreneurs with over 70,000 members in 30 cities. It provides critical support to start-ups and early-stage entrepreneurs through high-impact entrepreneurship education; access to mentors and experts; fast-track access to incubation and funding; and learning tools and materials. It partners with over 470 top-tier academic institutes in India to help them develop vibrant entrepreneurship ecosystems on campus, which develop and support new and future entrepreneurs.
- To inculcate the spirit and culture of entrepreneurship among our students
- To encourage creativity and innovation targeted at entrepreneurial activities and initiatives
- To incubate students’ business ideas
- To create awareness on the financial support mechanisms provided by various institutions
- To develop more Management, Science & Technology entrepreneurs out of our engineering and management students
- To create more employment opportunities
- To support the overall missions of Student Development, Societal Growth and Nation Building
Idea Box, an initiative by the EDC, is linked to our website with the objective of receiving student ideas in entrepreneurship which are identified and shortlisted for incubation and development.
The EDC encourages the establishment of student clubs to promote peer guidance and brainstorming. The EDC strongly believes in the power of such activities in promoting innovation and project development.
The EDC also organizes various events like workshops, entrepreneurial talks, entrepreneurial awareness camps, and intra-collegiate competitions to nurture innovative ideas and to enrich the entrepreneurial abilities of the students.