The Department of Aerospace Engineering aspires to be on par with international standards, by imparting quality technical education in Aerospace Engineering and technology, to create a sustainable and socially responsible future.
- Knowledge & Innovation: To disseminate knowledge and develop innovative solutions to pressing challenges in Aerospace Engineering and related fields.
- Professional Skills: To mould students into successful Aerospace Engineering, by maintaining an unparalleled teaching and learning environment in which faculty grow professionally and students receive unsurpassed knowledge, skills, insights and tools, that will stay with them for life.
- Research Inculcation: To inculcate students with knowledge and skills in state-of-the-art technologies and R&D, that will prepare them to design the next generation of high performance, efficient air and space transportation.
- Socio-Ethical Responsibility: To nurture our Aerospace Engineering graduates to be sensitive to ethical, societal and environmental issues, while conducting their professional work.
MVJCE is one of the colleges which offers Aerospace Engineering course in Bangalore that provides unmatched learning experiences to students.
The B.E Aerospace program was started in MVJ College, in the year 2018-19, with an intake of sixty students. The program is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University and is approved by AICTE.
- Approved by the AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
There is a growing interest world over, in taking off into the trans-atmospheric region and into space. The future is going to be space stations and robotic probes. Manned missions to other planets and moon outposts are distinct future possibilities. India too has leading space programs.
Considering the growing demand for current and future requirements in the field of Aerospace Engineering, MVJ College of Engineering has founded the B.Eprogram in Aerospace Engineering. This field deals with the technology in aviation, space exploration, and defence systems. It provides specialisation in design, development, manufacture, testing, operation and maintenance of flight vehicles. OurB.E Aerospace program provides studies in space vehicle design, aerospace structural mechanics, aerospace propulsion, air and missile defence systems, space mechanics, satellite design, and spacecraft systems. Aerodynamics, rarefied gas dynamics, materials, guidance, navigation, control and flight simulation, among other topics, are taught in this branch of engineering. unmanned aerial vehicles and space stations are also covered.
A wide variety of aerospace career fields offers opportunities for high job satisfaction and excellent compensation. Scope of employment for aerospace engineers ranges from design, manufacturing, operations, and maintenance of aerospace vehicles. It opens the door to employment in ISRO, HAL, and DRDO, for their space and missile-related programs. Job opportunities abound in Defence and private sectors.
SO, FLY HIGH – THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!
Air Commodore (Retd.) SC Gupta
Air Commodore (Retd.) SC Gupta, a gold medallist in BE (Hons.) and M.Tech from IIT Kanpur, has 42 years of experience in the field of Aeronautics, with good teaching experience at the UG and PG levels. His areas of interest include Computational Fluid Dynamics, Aero Elasticity, Aerodynamics, Stability & Control, Experimental Aircraft Design and Flight Testing.
He has served in various establishments of the Air Force and DRDO. At DRDO, he has worked with ADE, DIAT, RCMA (aircraft), CEMILAC and RCMA (Kanpur). He was responsible for certification coverage to several upgrades on Jaguar, Mirage-2000 and Dornier aircrafts. He has also worked on Design of Light Combat Aircraft and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles.
He has developed several computer codes for aircraft design, presented papers at International Conferences, and authored a book - Aerodynamics.
His areas of interest:
Computational Fluid Dynamics, Aero Elasticity, Aerodynamics, Stability & Control, Experimental Aerodynamics, Aircraft Design and Flight Testing.
- Aerodynamic Lab The students get an understanding of nature of flow past various models through flow visualization techniques. The nature of pressure distribution over various aerofoil and body shapes is explained. The wake and boundary layer survey provide information on the momentum thickness and displacement thickness.
- Foundry & Forging Practical knowledge and techniques of Foundry & Forging are demonstrated and practised.
- Machine Shop Students obtain hands-on experience in machining skills.
- Mechanical Measurement & Metrology The practical knowledge on measurement techniques is achieved.
- Metallographic and Material Testing Students obtain hands-on experience in material testing techniques.
- Modeling & Analysis Lab The CFD analysis and stress analysis techniques are developed through computer software.
- Propulsion Lab Experiments related to aircraft engines, force measurements through wall jets and measurement of speed of flame propagation is checked.
- Simulation Lab Several time motion studies are made increasing students’ capability in simulation techniques.
- Structures Lab It provides the student with the practical knowledge of the various theorems, like reciprocal theorem, buckling phenomenon of columns, WEGNER beam stresses information. The vibration of beam equipment provides information on types of nodes and vibration patterns.