The Department of Aeronautical Engineering aspires to be on par with international standards, by imparting quality technical education in aeronautical engineering and technology, to create a sustainable and socially responsible future.
- Knowledge & Innovation: To disseminate knowledge and develop innovative solutions to pressing challenges in Aeronautical Engineering and related fields.
- Professional Skills: To mould students into successful Aeronautical Engineers, by maintaining an unparalleled teaching and learning environment in which faculty grow professionally and students receive unsurpassed knowledge, skills, insights and tools, that will stay with them for life.
- Research Inculcation: To inculcate students with knowledge and skills in state-of-the-art technologies and R&D, that will prepare them to design the next generation of high performance, efficient air and space transportation.
- Socio-Ethical Responsibility: To nurture our Aeronautical Engineering graduates to be sensitive to ethical, societal and environmental issues, while conducting their professional work.
- If you love aircrafts and the designs that are behind them
- F you are interested in Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion, Aircraft Performance, Stability and Control, Avionics, Flight Vehicle Design, Aircraft Systems and Flight Testing
- If you want to get a hands-on experience, through lab experiments in addition to the other engineering disciplines.
- Approved by the AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Accredited by NBA
- Employability & Skills: Students will be prepared for successful careers as Aeronautical Engineers in Industry, Research and Academic sectors, by combining the fundamental principles in science and engineering with advanced concepts and training in communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional Development: Students will be trained to synthesize data and derive technical specifications and also design and develop innovative solutions to the various problems in Aeronautical Engineering, by engaging in lifelong learning and professional development.
- Social and Ethical values: Our students will combine modern engineering techniques, skills and tools with a high degree of professional ethics and standards, to fulfil the societal and personal needs.
- DGCA/FAR/FAA/MIL/JAR/DEFSTD Regulations: Our Graduates will be capable of using standard government regulations/specifications, for design, manufacturing and testing purposes of civil and military aircrafts, perform maintenance related work, and synthesize information and data from various sources for aircraft operations.
- Design, Development & Manufacturing of Aircraft and Related Systems: Students will be equipped to carry out preliminary design and development of aircrafts, the manufacturing of various systems involved, and predict performance characteristics along with the stability analysis.
Air Commodore (Retd.) SC Gupta
Air Commodore (Retd.) SC Gupta, a gold medallist in BE (Hons.) and M.Tech from IIT Kanpur, has 42 years of experience in the field of Aeronautics, with good teaching experience at the UG and PG levels. His areas of interest include Computational Fluid Dynamics, Aero Elasticity, Aerodynamics, Stability & Control, Experimental Aircraft Design and Flight Testing.
He has served in various establishments of the Air Force and DRDO. At DRDO, he has worked with ADE, DIAT, RCMA (aircraft), CEMILAC and RCMA (Kanpur). He was responsible for certification coverage to several upgrades on Jaguar, Mirage-2000 and Dornier aircrafts. He has also worked on Design of Light Combat Aircraft and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles.
He has developed several computer codes for aircraft design, presented papers at International Conferences, and authored a book - Aerodynamics.
The Aerospace Engineering paper "Stability, Flying Qualities and Parameter Estimation of a Twin-Engine CS-23/FAR 23 Certified Light Aircraft" in March 2015. The name "Satish Gupta" is mentioned by an Aerospace Engineering researcher in a paper uploaded to Academia.
His areas of interest
Computational Fluid Dynamics, Aero Elasticity, Aerodynamics, Stability & Control, Experimental Aerodynamics, Aircraft Design and Flight Testing.
DEPARTMENT OF AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING
|1.||PROF S.C. GUPTA||B.E., M.Tech||Professor & HOD|
|2.||Mr. D. SRINIVASAN||B.E., M.Tech||Associate Professor|
|3.||Mr. VIJAY KUMAR R.||B.E., M.Tech, (Ph.D)||Associate Professor|
|4.||Mr. VISHNU RAJ||B.Tech, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|5.||Mr. ROHIT KUMAR||B.Tech, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|6.||Mr. SANDEEPA T.S.||B.E., M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|7.||Ms. DEEPTHI K.R.||B.E., M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|8.||Mr. S. KALYAN YADAV||B.E., M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|9.||Mr. ANTONY SAMUEL||B.E.,M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|10.||Mr. AKHIL A. CHANDRAN||B.Tech, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|11.||Mr. IRFAN KHAN||B.E., M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|12.||Mr. AMOGH BALLOLI||B.E., M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|13||Mr. GOPINATH B.||B.E., M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
- Aerodynamic Lab The students get an understanding of nature of flow past various models through flow visualization techniques. The nature of pressure distribution over various aerofoil and body shapes is explained. The wake and boundary layer survey provide information on the momentum thickness and displacement thickness.
- Foundry & Forging Practical knowledge and techniques of Foundry & Forging are demonstrated and practised.
- Machine Shop Students obtain hands-on experience in machining skills.
- Mechanical Measurement & Metrology The practical knowledge on measurement techniques is achieved.
- Metallographic and Material Testing Students obtain hands-on experience in material testing techniques.
- Modeling & Analysis Lab The CFD analysis and stress analysis techniques are developed through computer software.
- Propulsion Lab Experiments related to aircraft engines, force measurements through wall jets and measurement of speed of flame propagation is checked.
- Simulation Lab Several time motion studies are made increasing students’ capability in simulation techniques.
- Structures Lab It provides the student with the practical knowledge of the various theorems, like reciprocal theorem, buckling phenomenon of columns, WEGNER beam stresses information. The vibration of beam equipment provides information on types of nodes and vibration patterns.
The Aero Modelling club comprises the glider section; the wire-controlled, powered, fixed-wing aircraft models section; the remotely-controlled fixed-wing aircraft flight simulator section; and the remotely-controlled fixed-wing aircraft section. Students fabricate models from balsa wood and assemble knocked-down kits. The college regularly organises aero modellers’ meets, participates in competitions, and plans to develop more futuristic models. The Aero Modelling Club will soon include activities involving RC helicopters, aircraft with auto stabilisers and jet engine-powered models.
- Satish Gupta, who heads the department has been mentioned by an Aerospace Engineering researcher in a paper uploaded to Academia.
- Team Abhimanyu of our Collge won the First Prize in the first ever National Aerospace Conceptual Design Competition (NACDeC 2017-18)
- Intelligent Hybrid Aerial Systems – News Coverage
- Design Competition -2017 organized by National Design and Research Forum
- Water Rocketry competition
- National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)
Team Abhimanyu from MVJ College of Engineering won the first prize (₹20,000/-) for designing an amphibious aircraft that can take off and land in both from a runway as well as from sea.
The Aeronautical Society of India has set-up a Design...
Team Abhimanyu of our Collge won the First Prize in the first ever National Aerospace Conceptual Design Competition – News Coverages
Team Abhimanyu from MVJ College of Engineering won the...
Deccan Chronicle News Coverage
Deccan Chronicle Coverage – 21st August – 2018