The Department of Aeronautical Engineering aspires to be on par with international standards, by imparting quality technical education in aeronautical engineering and technology, to create a sustainable and socially responsible future.
- Knowledge & Innovation: To disseminate knowledge and develop innovative solutions to pressing challenges in Aeronautical Engineering and related fields.
- Professional Skills: To mould students into successful Aeronautical Engineers, by maintaining an unparalleled teaching and learning environment in which faculty grow professionally and students receive unsurpassed knowledge, skills, insights and tools, that will stay with them for life.
- Research Inculcation: To inculcate students with knowledge and skills in state-of-the-art technologies and R&D, that will prepare them to design the next generation of high performance, efficient air and space transportation.
- Socio-Ethical Responsibility: To nurture our Aeronautical Engineering graduates to be sensitive to ethical, societal and environmental issues, while conducting their professional work.
- If you love aircrafts and the designs that are behind them
- F you are interested in Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion, Aircraft Performance, Stability and Control, Avionics, Flight Vehicle Design, Aircraft Systems and Flight Testing
- If you want to get a hands-on experience, through lab experiments in addition to the other engineering disciplines.
- Approved by the AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Accredited by NBA
- Employability & Skills: Students will be prepared for successful careers as Aeronautical Engineers in Industry, Research and Academic sectors, by combining the fundamental principles in science and engineering with advanced concepts and training in communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional Development: Students will be trained to synthesize data and derive technical specifications and also design and develop innovative solutions to the various problems in Aeronautical Engineering, by engaging in lifelong learning and professional development.
- Social and Ethical values: Our students will combine modern engineering techniques, skills and tools with a high degree of professional ethics and standards, to fulfil the societal and personal needs.
- DGCA/FAR/FAA/MIL/JAR/DEFSTD Regulations: Our Graduates will be capable of using standard government regulations/specifications, for design, manufacturing and testing purposes of civil and military aircrafts, perform maintenance related work, and synthesize information and data from various sources for aircraft operations.
- Design, Development & Manufacturing of Aircraft and Related Systems: Students will be equipped to carry out preliminary design and development of aircrafts, the manufacturing of various systems involved, and predict performance characteristics along with the stability analysis.
Air Commodore (Retd.) SC Gupta
Air Commodore (Retd.) SC Gupta, a gold medallist in BE (Hons.) and M.Tech from IIT Kanpur, has 42 years of experience in the field of Aeronautics, with good teaching experience at the UG and PG levels. His areas of interest include Computational Fluid Dynamics, Aero Elasticity, Aerodynamics, Stability & Control, Experimental Aircraft Design and Flight Testing.
He has served in various establishments of the Air Force and DRDO. At DRDO, he has worked with ADE, DIAT, RCMA (aircraft), CEMILAC and RCMA (Kanpur). He was responsible for certification coverage to several upgrades on Jaguar, Mirage-2000 and Dornier aircrafts. He has also worked on Design of Light Combat Aircraft and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles.
He has developed several computer codes for aircraft design, presented papers at International Conferences, and authored a book - Aerodynamics.
The Aerospace Engineering paper "Stability, Flying Qualities and Parameter Estimation of a Twin-Engine CS-23/FAR 23 Certified Light Aircraft" in March 2015. The name "Satish Gupta" is mentioned by an Aerospace Engineering researcher in a paper uploaded to Academia.
His areas of interest
Computational Fluid Dynamics, Aero Elasticity, Aerodynamics, Stability & Control, Experimental Aerodynamics, Aircraft Design and Flight Testing.
- Aerodynamic Lab The students get an understanding of nature of flow past various models through flow visualization techniques. The nature of pressure distribution over various aerofoil and body shapes is explained. The wake and boundary layer survey provide information on the momentum thickness and displacement thickness.
- Foundry & Forging Practical knowledge and techniques of Foundry & Forging are demonstrated and practised.
- Machine Shop Students obtain hands-on experience in machining skills.
- Mechanical Measurement & Metrology The practical knowledge on measurement techniques is achieved.
- Metallographic and Material Testing Students obtain hands-on experience in material testing techniques.
- Modeling & Analysis Lab The CFD analysis and stress analysis techniques are developed through computer software.
- Propulsion Lab Experiments related to aircraft engines, force measurements through wall jets and measurement of speed of flame propagation is checked.
- Simulation Lab Several time motion studies are made increasing students’ capability in simulation techniques.
- Structures Lab It provides the student with the practical knowledge of the various theorems, like reciprocal theorem, buckling phenomenon of columns, WEGNER beam stresses information. The vibration of beam equipment provides information on types of nodes and vibration patterns.
The Aero Modelling club comprises the glider section; the wire-controlled, powered, fixed-wing aircraft models section; the remotely-controlled fixed-wing aircraft flight simulator section; and the remotely-controlled fixed-wing aircraft section. Students fabricate models from balsa wood and assemble knocked-down kits. The college regularly organises aero modellers’ meets, participates in competitions, and plans to develop more futuristic models. The Aero Modelling Club will soon include activities involving RC helicopters, aircraft with auto stabilisers and jet engine-powered models.
|1||Prof. Akhil A Chandran||B.Tech||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||1||NIL||NIL|
|2||Prof. Amogh Ballolli||B.E.||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||1.5||NIL||1.2|
|3||Prof. Antony Samuel Prabu G||B.Tech||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||2.5||NIL||NIL|
|4||Prof. Desikan Srinivasan||B.E.||M.Tech||Associate Professor||1.5||NIL||27 Years|
|5||Prof. Gopinath B||B.E.||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||3.5||NIL||NIL|
|6||Prof. Irfan Khan||B.E.||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||4.5||NIL||NIL|
|7||Prof. Rohit Kumar||B.Tech||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||1.5||NIL||NIL|
|8||Prof. S Kalyan Yadav||B.E.||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||4.5||NIL||NIL|
|9||Prof. Sandeepa T S||B.E.||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||1||NIL||NIL|
|10||Prof. Syed Mohsin||B.E.||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||4||NIL||NIL|
|11||Prof. Vijayakumar R||B.E.||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||8.5||NIL||1|
|12||Prof. Vishnu Asokan||B.Tech||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||0||NIL||2.2|
|13||Prof. Vishnu Raj||B.Tech||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||1.5||NIL||1.5|
|14||Dr. S MARIMUTHU||B.E.(Mech.)||M.Tech||Mechanical||PROFESSOR||14||18|
Academic Year: 2012-2013
- Gupta,S.C., `Insight into computational algorithms`, Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Management, Vol 1, Issue 1, 2012
- Gupta,S.C., `Air loads criticality`, Journal of Aerospace Engineering and Technology, Vol 2, Issue 3, Dec 2012
- Gupta,S.C and Deepa, M.S., `Flight envelope expansion during prototype development, Journal of Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol 65, No 2, 2013
Academic Year: 2013-2014
- Gupta,S.C.,`Flight test techniques-An overview`, Journal of Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol 67, No 4, Nov 2013
- Gupta,S.C.,` Experimental studies on complex swept rotor blades`, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, Vol 6, No 1, 2013
- Gupta,S.C.,` Transonic flow past conically cambered wings`, Journal of Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol 3, Issue 1, 2013
Academic Year: 2014-2015
- Gupta,S.C.,` Handling Qualities-Fighter Aircraft,` Journal of Aerospace Engineering & Technology,Vol.4. Issue 1.,2014
- Gupta, S.C.,` Aircraft Design & Development: An Overview ,` Journal of Aerospace Engineering & Technology,Vol.4. Issue 1.,2014
- Gupta, S.C.,` Airworthiness-Air Loads Specifications, Journal of Engineering Science & Technology Management, Vol.3. Issue 2, July 2014
- Gupta , S.C.,` Air-Intake Aerodynamics `, Journal of Aerospace Engineering & Technology ,Vol.4. Issue 2., 2014
Academic Year: 2015-2016
- Gupta, S.C.,`` Numerical Grid Generation and Parallel Computations``, Journal of Aerospace Engineering and Technology ,Vol.5, Issue1, 2015.
- Gupta, S.C.,`` Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Wind Flow on Buildings Arranged for Pressure Recovery``, Journal of Construction Engineering Technology & Management, Vol.5,Issue 2, 2015
- Gupta, S. C.,`` Fight Simulation Criticality``, Journal of Advance Research in Aeronautics and & Space Sciences ,Vol.2,No.1,2015
- Gupta, S.C., `` Minimum Drag Flap Design``, Journal of Advance Research in Aeronautics and & Space Sciences ,Vol.2,No.1, 2015.
Academic Year: 2016-2017
- Gupta, S.C.,`` Wing Aerodynamic Optimisation in the Presence of Interacting Canard at Subsonic and Supersonic Speeds,`` Journal of Aerospace Science & Technologies, Vol.68, No.4, 2016.
- Gupta, S.C.,`` Fighter Aircraft Design and Development``, Journal of Advance Research in Aeronautics and Space Sciences, Vol. 3, Issue 1, 2016.
- Gupta, S.C., ``Aerodynamically Optimal Reflex Camber Wings for Subsonic and Supersonic Speeds, Journal of Advance Research in Aeronautics and Space Sciences, Vol.3, Issue 3, 2016.
- Gupta, S.C.,`` Aerodynamic Optimisation of a Camber Morphing 3-D Aerofoil in the Presence of Trailing Edge Flap Deflection``, Journal of Advance Research in Aeronautics and Space Sciences, Vol.3, Issue 4, 2016.
- Gupta, S. C.,`` Aerodynamic Design and Analysis of Conically Cambered Forward Swept Wing``, Journal of Advance Research in Aeronautics and Space Sciences, Vol.3, Issue 4, 2016.
Academic Year: 2017-2018
- Vinod Kumar C, and SC Gupta, `3-D Aerofoil Design with Increased Lift and Low Drag`, Journal of Advance Research in Aeronautics and Space Mechanics, Vol.4, No. 1&2, 2017.
- Ambarisha, and SC Gupta, `Transonic Flow Past Morphed Wing’, Journal of Advance Research in Aeronautics and Space Sciences, Vol. 4, Issue-3, 2017.
- Megha B, and SC Gupta, `Wing Design for HSUAV for Endurance Performance with Pitching Moment Constraint’, Journal of Advance Research in Aeronautics and Space Sciences, Vol. 4, Issue-3, 2017.
- Vishnu Raj, `Experimental Investigation on Jets Issuing from Angular Cut Nozzles`, International Journal of Engineering Technology Science and Research, Vol.4, Issue11, Nov. 2017.
- R Vijayakumar, `Experimental Verification of Strength of Glass Fibre Reinforced Polymer Matrix Composites`, International Journal of Structural Mechanics and Finite Elements, Vol.3, Issue 1, 2017.
- Vishnu Raj, Antony Samuel Prabu G, Irfan Khan, Amogh Balloli, Akhil A Chandran,`Experimental Investigation to Improve Compressive Properties of Sandwich Structures, International Journal of Engineering Technology Science & Research, Vol.5, Isssue-1, Jan 2018.
- Antony Samuel Prabu G, `An Approach for Rational Design and Structural Analysis of Helicopter`, International Journal of Mechanical & Production Engineering Research and Development (IJMPERD), Vol.8, Issue 1, Feb 2018, 1179-1180.
- Deepthi K R,` Impact Analysis of Density E Glass Composite Laminate`, International Research Journal of Engineering, Vol.4, Issue 8, AUG 2017
- Sahana K and Antony Samuel Prabu G, ` Structural Optimisation and Weight Reduction of Spar & Ribs`, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT), Vol.7, Issue 04, April 2018.
- M Madhu Bala and Deepthi K R,`Thermal Analysis of Wedge Duct with in-line Pin-Fin Configuration,` International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT), Vol.7, Issue 4, April 2018.
- Alsori Prajwal , Kumar Gurav, and Rampada Rana,` Numerical Analysis of Multiholed Flat Plate for Gas Turbine Combustor Liner Application,` International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT), Vol.7, Issue 4, April 2018.
- Dhruva Koti, and Ayesha Khan M,` Numerical Analysis of Transonic Airfoil` International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT), Vol.7 Issue 5, May 2018.
- Antony Samuel Prabu G, Vishnu Raj, and Irfan Khan,` Fatigue and Vibration Analysis of Different Wing Spars`, International Journal of Technical Innovation in Modern Engineering & Science (IJTIMES), Vol. 4, Issue 5, May 2018.
- Antony Samuel Prabu G, Vishnu Raj, Amogh Ballolli, and Akhil A Chandran, ` Crack Prediction on Aircraft Wing Spar`, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol.7, Issue 05, May 2018.
- RavikumarVidyasagar, Hari Prasad N S , Lava Kumar M, P SagarKoti, and Antony Samuel Prabu G,`Fabrication and Testing of Aramid Fiber Reinforced Polymers`, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol.7, Issue 05, May 2018.
- Ritesh Pal, Sahil Thakur, Patel Sunny Shirishbhai, Suraj Sarjerao Gholap, and Vishnu Raj`, Optimisation of Smart Network for Structural Health Monitoring of a Composite Wing,` International Journal of Engineering Technology, Science & Research (IJETSR),Vol.5, Issue 05, May 2018.
- Suhail Ahmed Khan K A , Sohib Akthar Sipai, Syed Kashifulla A , Sachin MM, and Vishnu Raj,` Investigation of Airframe Stability Derivatives due to Manufacturing Deviations,` International Journal of Engineering Technology, Science & Research (IJETSR),Vol.5, Issue 05, May 2018.
- Bino Prince Raja D, B Stanly Jones Retnam, Antony Samuel Prabu G , and Alagu Sundaram A,` Mechanical, Morphological and Thermal Characterisation of Hybrid Bamboo/Glass Fiber Reinforced Polyester Composites,` Rasyan J. Chem., Vol. l1, N0.3, July-September 2018.
- R Vijayakumar, S K Maharana, `Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of Graphene Polymer Matrix Composites for an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), Journal of Engineering Technology and Innovative Research, Vol.5 Issue 7,July 2018.
Academic Year: 2018-2019
- Vijaya Kumar R. SK Maharana “Experimental and Numerical Characterization of Graphene-Based Polymer Matrix Composites Selected for an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle”. International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews. © 2019 IJRAR March 2019, Volume 6, Issue 1. www.ijrar.org (E-ISSN 2348-1269, P- ISSN 2349-5138).
- Vijayakumar, Syed mohsin, `Computational Investigation of Combustion in a cavity`, International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, Vol 5, Issue 8, August 2018.
- Winner of Yi YuStart, National Student Startup Challenge 2019.
- Drone GP, VertechX 9.0 Winners
- Udan 209, Annual cultural and technical fest of Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- “Flight – 19”, at Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Boeing – IIT National Aeromodeling Competetion, Zonal Level at IIT Kharagpur
- Satish Gupta, who heads the department has been mentioned by an Aerospace Engineering researcher in a paper uploaded to Academia.
The Two–Day Workshop on Quadcopter was organized by the...
The Department of Aeronautical Engineering, MVJCE, organised a visit...
Participation of students in national level competitions. The table...
Participation of students in national level competitions. The table...