At this coding contest, Datathon, the task the participants should do will be mysterious till the final round! This increases the curiosity of the participants to find and finish the task which will be fun-filled, challenging and competitive.
ROUND 1 – Qualifying Round
- This test is considered as qualifier round.
- Objective questions on Data structures and Algorithms are given.
- Participants are allowed to be in groups of two.
- The top 15 groups advance to the next round.
- The qualified teams are given cards, with directions for a treasure hunt of a graph.
- The teams should follow the instructions in the card and find the graph.
- Teams should reach the source with the constructed graph, and a minimum spanning tree for the graph should be found.
- The tree node names and the order in which the tree was constructed will form a password.
- From the minimum spanning trees solved in Round 2, the top 8 teams who found the password will qualify for this round.
- Each team is given a folder which contains ZIP files. Each ZIP file is password-protected, and the password retrieved from Round 2 will be used to unlock these ZIP files.
- Each ZIP file contains a text file which highlights your task. Complete the task.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The decision of the Judges shall be final.
- Certificates will be given to all the participants.
- Unethical behavior could lead to disqualification. Faculty-coordinators have the right to take the final decision on any matter during the event.
ELIGIBILITY (TEAM REQUIREMENTS)
- Each team can have maximum two members. Students from different institutes can also form a team.
- Entry fee Rs. 100 per head.
- Each member of the team must carry the identity card of his/her institute.
- Usage of mobile phone is strictly prohibited.
- 1st Prize – Rs.5000/-
- 2nd Prize – Rs.3000/-
- 3rd Prize – Rs.2000/-