CATYLST 2K18 is an event, where people come together to solve different problems from different fields. CATALYST 2K18 is intended to use sophisticated coding skills, cryptography and creativity, in user interfaces applications.
The key Objectives of this event are:
To promote interest in current technology among students of MVJCE and also the students who visit the fest
- To test the knowledge of students in cryptography
- To provide an arena for students to test their intellectual skills and coding
- To connect the students with ground breaking ideas from the experts
ROUND 1 – CODE2DUO
There are six questions in all. Questions are divided in three levels. Each level consists of 2 questions.
- Beginner Level
- Intermediate Level
- Advanced Level
According to the level of questions attempted, the scores will be considered. (Participants can use ANY PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE) Time Given: 2.30 Hours
ROUND 2 – VIDEO HUNT
- The teams which finish the first round will enter the second round. In this round, the teams will be given the URL of ten videos and a particular time slot, so in a video, at a particular time, one object will be shown and they have to find ten words from ten videos. After finding the words, the first letters of these ten words will be taken, and they have to decode it with the given key to find the final message. The first five teams who find the final message will qualify for the next round.
ROUND 3 – UI/UX
This round is completely based on how creative one can be. The topics will be given On The Spot. The scores will be considered on two criteria:
- User friendly
- Software: FIGMA / YOUR CHOICE
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- This is a team event. Each team must consist of a maximum of 2 members.
- Participation for this event is open to all UG and PG students. Students from any engineering discipline/ branch may participate.
- Registration has to be done prior to the event. To know the mode of registration, kindly contact the faculty coordinator.
- The coding done must be genuine.
- Participating teams must abide by the rules and regulations. Otherwise, the team will be disqualified.
- Prizes and certificates will be distributed for winning teams
ELIGIBILITY (TEAM REQUIREMENTS)
- The team members can be from different colleges.
- Entry fee for this event – Rs.100/-
- Each member must have his/her respective college identity card.
- 1st Prize – Rs.2000/-
- 2nd Prize – Rs.1500/-
- 3rd Prize – Rs.1000/-