SRISHTI Club, Civil Engineering Department, MVJ College of Engineering, organized an event ‘Virtual Technical Quiz’ on 24th October 2020. The event was conducted through Microsoft Teams. The event was organized by Ms. Swetha M V, Mrs. Apoorva Kiran, Mrs. Sushma K S and Mr. Thilak Gowda N – Assistant Professors, Department of Civil Engineering.
The Event comprised three rounds,
ROUND 1: GENERAL ROUND (8.15 AM – 8.30 AM)
All the students who had registered for the event participated in a Quiz, through the link shared.
The details of Round 1 are as follows:
- 20 Multiple Choice Questions related to general concepts of Civil Engineering
- 15 minutes duration
- Conduction through Google test link
- Participants need to use their own devices (Mobile/Laptop)
- Anyone indulging in any malpractice would be disqualified
ROUND 2: VISUAL, UNSCRAMBLER and FILL IN THE BLANKS ROUND (9:00 AM – 9:30 AM)
- Students shortlisted from Round 1 eligible for Round 2
- Shortlisted students made into 7 teams, with 3 members in each team
- Visual Round
- Fill in the blanks
- 30 minutes duration
ROUND 3: (9:40 AM – 9:55 AM)
- Students shortlisted from Round 2 eligible for Round 3
- 3 teams qualified for Round 3
- 10 Multiple Choice Questions related to advanced concepts in Civil Engineering
- 15 minutes duration
- Conducted through Microsoft Teams meeting
RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS
- One could submit the form only once. No negative marking.
- Those who get the maximum score in the least time were placed higher in the rank list. In case it is a tie, the decision taken would depend on the time of submission.
- The decision of the organizers with respect to the results would be final and queries in this regard would not be entertained.
- Any participant found to be indulging in any form of malpractice would be immediately disqualified.
- Reasons like network issues, device issues or any such thing would not be considered.
- All the rounds conducted online
- Round 1Questions would be provided through google link. Participants need to use their own devices to answer(mobile/Laptop).
- Round 2 and Round 3: Only qualified students would be given the online google link.
The response to this program from the students was overwhelming. Dr. Muralidhara R (HOD, Department of Civil Engineering) motivated the students who participated and the faculty members who organize such activities. He appreciated the efforts of the students.
- Manasa S – 1MJ17CV035 (7th Semester)
- Srinatha N R – 1MJ18CV074 (5th Semester)
- Maheeza Jan – 1MJ19CV021 (3rd Semester)
- Hithesh C – 1MJ17CV031 (7th Semester)
- Megana P – 1MJ19CV026 (3rd Semester)
- Harshavardhan K – 1MJ17CV029 (7th Semester)
Outcome of the Event:
The event helped to promote a healthy spirit of competition among the participants, and also helped them to learn from each other. It aided in team building. It provided an interactive platform (PO10), altered the scope of learning (PO12), encouraged teamwork (PO 9). The topics were related to industry and to approach the civil engineering field problems and identify the instantaneous technical solutions with reasonable time and cost, it helped in bridging the existing Academia-Industry gap.
MICROSOFT TEAMS SRISHTI CLUB ACTIVITY LINK:
Srishti Club Activity – Inauguration: https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/bcb3d505-facf-44fa-a5f3-75976b355823
Srishti Club Activity – Rounds 2 and 3: https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/a8e51aa3-79f3-443b-8697-c8a0689b507f