VISIONTo be a competitive center of excellence in teaching, learning and research to the standards of International Universities.
MISSIONTo provide the best training through teaching and research that enables the students to master the concepts in applied physics so that they can apply it in the trust areas of Engineering and technology and also to evoke their interest in advanced research areas.
- Engineering Physics (17PHY12/22)
- Engineering Physics Lab (17PHYL17/27)
|Subject: Engineering Physics|
|CO102.1||Understand various types of oscillations and their implications, the role of Shock waves in various fields and Recognize the elastic properties of materials for engineering applications|
|CO102.2||Realize the interrelation between time varying electric fiels and magnetic field, the transverse nature of the EM waves anf their role in optical fiber communication|
|CO102.3||Compute Eigen values, Eigen functions, momentum of Atomic and subatomic particles using Time independent 1-D Schrodinger’s wave equation|
|CO102.4||Apprehend theoritical backround of laser, construction and working of different types of laser and its applications in different fields|
|CO102.5||Understand various electrical and thermal properties of materials like conductors, semiconductors and dielectrics using different theoritical models|
|Subject: Engineering Physics Lab|
|CO 107.1||Apprehend the concepts of interference of light, the diffraction of light, Fermi energy and magnetic effect of current|
|CO 107.2||Understand the principles of operations of optical fibers and semiconductor devices such as photo diodes and NPN transistor using simple circuits|
|CO 107.3||Determine the elastic moduli and moment of inertia of given materials with the help of suggested procedures|
|CO 107.4||Recognize the resonance concepts and its practical applications|
|CO 107.5||Understand the importance of measurement procedure honest recording and representing the data, reproduction of final results|
- i) Ms. Sindhya Raghunath : Photoluminescence studies of alkaline earth tungstate and Molybdates.
- ii) Mr. Rafeeque Ahmed : Spinel structured Indates for solid state lighting applications.
Project Ongoing In the Department
In the year 2018-19, we have received a consultancy project on “Cryogrinding of Spices “for an amount of ₹1,00,000(one lakh only) under Dr.Krishna Moorthy.
The project aims at designing a Cryogrinding system that can increase the essential oil retention in the spices by which the flavours are enhanced. The project is at the verge of completion. The experimental studies show that Cryogrinding system increases the oil retention by 152% compared to conventional methods.
- A Proposal has been submitted to NPOL in the field of underwater optical wireless communication by Dr.D.Bharath.
Faculty Paper Publications
- Dr.Bharath has published paper "Studies on thermal nonlinear optical effects on cyclododecanone crystals for IR optical switching application" in Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics-Springer US in OCT-2018
- Dr.Krishna Moorthy has published Two papers
- “Simulation of Standing wave Thermo acoustic prime mover using Delta EC” , International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews ,volume 5,Issue 3,July-Sept 2018,Page no:522-526
- “Simulation and experimental Studies of Twin Thermoacoustic Prime Mover” , International Journal of Engineering and advanced Technology, Volume 8,Issue 2,December 2018 Page no:192-194.
- Dr.Krishna Moorthy presented A Paper at the National conference “Imperative ideas in engineering And Science for a Paradigm shift “ organized by Gopalan college of engineering and Management on 17th August 2018.
- Mrs.Uma Praveen has published a paper “Simulation of Standing wave Thermo acoustic prime mover with different working fluids “International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews ,volume 6 ,Issue 1 ,Jan-March 2019,Page no:873-877
|1||Prof. Uma Praveen||BSc||MSc||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR & HOD||8.5||NIL||NIL|
|2||Dr.Krishna Moorthy V||BSc||MSc||Cryogenics||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||5||4||2|
|3||Prof. Chitra RH||BSc||MSc||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||3||NIL||NIL|
|4||Dr.D.Bharath||BSc||MSc||Non Linear Optical materials||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||3.5||NIL||NIL|
|5||Dr.Gayathree Mohan||BSc||MSc||Nonlinear Dynamics||PROFESSOR||9||NIL||NIL|
|6||Prof. Mohan Kumar C R||BSc||MSc||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||5||NIL||NIL|