ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department of physics is one of the established departments at MVJ College of Engineering since 1982. The department offers engineering physics course for first-year engineering students, imparting quality education by well experienced faculty. The department has well established research center under Visveswaraya Technological University.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To be a competitive center of excellence in teaching, learning and research to the standards of International Universities.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To provide the best training through teaching and research that enables the students to master the concepts in applied physics so that they can apply it in the trust areas of Engineering and technology and also to evoke their interest in advanced research areas.
- Engineering Physics (17PHY12/22)
- Engineering Physics Lab (17PHYL17/27)
Sub code : 17PHY12/ 17PHY22
Subject : Engineering Physics
|C102.1||Learn and understand more about basic principles and to develop problem solving skills and implementation in technology.|
|C102.2||Study of material properties and its applications is the prime role to understand and use in engineering applications and studies.|
|C102.3||Study of Lasers and Optical fibers and its applications are to impart knowledge, and to develop skills to use modern instruments in the engineering applications.|
|C102.4||Understand the Crystal structure and concepts of nanoscience and technology will boost the technical skills and its applications.|
|C102.5||Exposure of shock waves concept and its applications brings latest technology to the students at the first year level to develop research orientation programs at higher semester level.|
Sub code : 17PHYL17/17PHYL27
Subject : Engineering Physics Lab
|C107.1||Develop skills to impart practical knowledge in real time solution.|
|C107.2||Understand principle, concept, working and application of new technology and comparison of results with theoretical calculations.|
|C107.3||Design new instruments with practical knowledge.|
|C107.4||Gain knowledge of new concept in the solution of practical oriented problems and to understand more deep knowledge about the solution to theoretical problems.|
|C107.5||Understand measurement technology, usage of new instruments and real time applications in engineering studies.|
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Physics department has well established research lab funded by VGST, Govt. of Karnataka, actively involved in research on structural and size effects on optical and electrical properties of materials.
Current PhD students registered under Physics R&D :
- i) Ms. Sindhya Raghunath : Photoluminescence studies of alkaline earth tungstate and Molybdates.
- ii) Mr. Rafeeque Ahmed : Spinel structured Indates for solid state lighting applications.
iii) Ms. Sandhya : Magnetic and Luminescence studies of monolayer transition metal dichalcogenides
|1||Dr. Ramdas Balan||M.Sc., Ph.D.||Professor|
|2||Mr. Sankar Rao Gattu||M.Sc., M.Phil., (Ph.D.)||Associate Professor|
|3||Mr. Krishanmoorthy V||M.Sc.,||Assistant Professor|
|4||Mrs. Uma Praveen||M.Sc., M.Phil.,||Assistant Professor|
|5||Ms. Chitra R H||M.Sc.,||Assistant Professor|
|6||Mrs. Bhuvana K||M.Sc.,||Assistant Professor|
|7||Mrs. Monika Sharma||M.Sc.,||Assistant Professor|
|8||Mrs. Anusha||M.Sc.,||Assistant Professor|
Dr. Ramdas Balan
- Best paper award for the year 2010 awarded by Materials Research Society of India (MRSI)
- Young Scientist Research grant award (SMYSR – 2014) by VGST, DST, Govt of Karnataka.
- Low temperature synthesis of Ba1-xSrxSnO3 (x = 0 – 1) from molten alkali hydroxide flux, Bulletin of Materials Science, 33 (2010) 75-78. (Best paper award – 2010, awarded by Materials Research Society of India)
- Preparation and photocatalytic study of nano Cadmium sulphide, Advanced Materials Research Vol. 584 (2012) pp 406-410
- Facile one-pot low-temperature solid-state approach towards phase transformation of nanoCdS, Micro & Nano Letters, Vol. 9 (2014) pp. 731–735
- Facile synthesis and characterization of nanocrystalline ZnO, International Journal of Science Research Volume 01 (2013) pp 417
- Synthesis and characterization of B-site doped BMT with Zr perovskite type compounds. IJRBAT, Feb-2015, pp 417-423, ISSN: 2347-517X
- Study of Structural and Magnetic Properties of Cobalt substituted Calcium Hexaferrites IJRBAT, Feb-2015, pp 158-162, ISSN: 2347-517X
- Effect of Zr on Structural and Dielectrical Properties of (Ba0.9 Mg1.0)(ZrxTi1-x)O3 Ceramics Advances in Materials Physics and Chemistry, Oct-2015, 5, PP 419-425, ISSN: 2162-5328
- Structural and Dielectric Properties of Sn Substituted Barium Magnesuim Zirconium Titanate Perovskite Ceramics ,World Journal of Condensed Matter Physics, NOV-2015, 5, PP 346-352, ISSN:2160-6927
- Structural and Dielectric Properties of Cu Substituted Barium Magnesuim Zirconium Titanate Perovskite Ceramics, International Journal of Advanced Research in Physical Science, March 2016, 3, Issue 3, PP 15-20 ISSN: 2349-7874
KRISHNA MOORTHY V
- Performance Studies of Single and Two Stage Pulse Tube Cryocooler Under Different Vacuum Levels With and Without Thermal Radiation Shield, Indian journal of cryogenics, Vol 36, Nov 2011, P. 120-126.
- Experimental Studies of Cryocooler based Cryopump with Indigenous Activated Carbon Cryopanels. Indian journal of cryogenics, Volume 38, Number (1- 4), Jan 2013. P.150-155
- Studies of cryocooler based cryosorption pump with activated carbon panels operating at 11K. Journal of Physics: Conference Series vol. 390 issue 1 November 05, 2012. p. 012068-012068
- Studies of Adsorption Characteristics of Activated Carbons in between 4 . 5 to 10 K for Cryopump Applications, Journal of Physics: Conference Series vol. 390 issue 1 November 05, 2012. p. 012077-012077.
- Development of experimental setup for study of adsorption characteristics of porous materials down to 4.2 K, Advances in Cryogenic Engineering: Transactions of the Cryogenic Engineering Conference – CEC, Volume 57, Date: 13–17 June 2011.
- Experimental studies of thermoacoustic drive for the development of a pulse tube cryocooler, AIP Conference Proceedings;6/8/2012, Vol. 1434 Issue 1, p443
- Performances of single and two-stage pulse tube cryocoolers under different vacuum levels with and without thermal radiation shields, AIP Conference Proceedings;6/8/2012, Vol. 1434 Issue 1, p1632
- Carbonaceous adsorbents in cryosorption pump applications; Future trends” AIP Conf. Proc. 6/8/2012 vol 1538, pp. 3-10,