- Acquaint students with the current technology to provide consultations and technical support to hospitals, healthcare and service sector
- Develop knowledge on latest advances in medical fields and instruments and take up research projects
- Design a novel system for analyses and development of a non-invasive medical equipment’s which are cost effective for studying diseased conditions.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- If you are interested in medicine and engineering
- This program blends traditional engineering techniques with biological sciences to improve the quality of human health and focuses on understanding complex living systems and use of technology & systems to improve diagnosis & treatment.
- If your goal is to be the best in your chosen field
- If you are looking for experienced and dedicated faculty to handhold you through the entire period of study
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Academic year 2006-07 : Three University Ranks
- Academic year 2008-09 : One University Rank
- Academic year 2009-10 : One University Rank
- Academic year 2011-12 : Two University Ranks
- Academic year 2012-13 : Two University Ranks
- Academic year 2013-14 : Two University Ranks
- Academic year 2014-15 : One University Ranks
- Academic year 2015-16 : Two University Ranks
- Academic year 2016-17 : Four University Ranks
- Guest lectures from well-known industrialists and entrepreneurs like GE
- The Department has MEDLAUNCHERS Club where the students are creating, inventing, and exploring advanced technologies.
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- Professional development: Graduates will have a successful career in Medical electronics engineering or associated industries or higher education and research.
- Attitude towards lifelong-learning: Graduates will have the ability and attitude to adapt to evolving technological challenges.
- Technical Innovation: To inculcate group work and team management skills to promote knowledge transfer leading to conceptualization and delivery of projects with varied complexity.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- Building the ability to analyses different approaches for engineering problems in health care with effective and modern engineering tools and technical skills.
- Design variety of electronic devices and software applications forbiomedical instrumentation, Imaging and biomedical signal processing
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Dr.C. Raja received PhD degree from Anna University, Chennai in the faculty of Information & Communication Engineering in 2016, specialized in Medical image processing. He received his Master’s Degree in Biomedical Signal Processing and Instrumentation in 2005 from SASTRA University & Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering in 2003 from Bharathidasan University. From 2005 to till date he has been working as Assistant Professor in various Engineering colleges in India. He joined M.V.J College of Engineering in January 2017 and now designated as Associate Professor.
To his credit he has published 5 research papers in SCI, SCIE indexed journals and international –level conferences.
Area of Interest
His research interests include Medical (Ophthalmic) Image Processing, Wavelets, Optimization (Swarm Intelligence).
GO TO ANOTHER COURSE
GET IN TOUCH
- It helps the student to understand the structure, class, priority encoding queue stack etc
- Algorithms and codings are demonstrated in such a way to meet the IT standards.
- Students will excel in writing any complex C++ and data Structures programs with good knowledge in debugging.
- This is used to understand all signal processing technique.
- Includes designing filters/window which are used in industrial level application.
- All signal transformation techniques are thought in detail.
- It helps the student to simulate complicated digital circuits and to synthesize digital systems.
- HDL is a tool for realizing high density programmable chips such as FPGA.
- It is useful in implementing simulation units and test bench.
- It helps the student to understand the acquisition of real time biomedical signals.
- It is very essential in designing Medical electronics circuits to understand the human machine interface.
- This is useful for troubleshooting the medical equipments and to monitor the vital parameters from the recording of ECG, EEG, etc.
- This gives an introduction to embedded system.
- It helps the student to understand the peripheral device in real time application such as LCD, Elevator, etc.
- This will help the student to develop the microcontroller based projects in their final year.