To achieve regional and national recognition as a department of excellence that provides unparalleled Mechanical Engineering education and to produce outstanding engineers who can contribute to industrial and societal advancement.
- Technical Excellence: The School of Mechanical Sciences at MVJCE is well on the road to becoming a Centre of Excellence in Mechanical Engineering education. By providing students with state-of-the-art facilities and a vibrant learning environment, we empower young engineers with a sound foundation and a powerful set of skills that leverage the latest technologies.
- Industry Relationships: Through high-quality consultancy services, continuous education programs and specialised programs catering to industry needs, we aim to work with industry partners to bolster their Research and Development activities.
- Competency: Producing competent and competitive young engineers is our topmost priority. We achieve this, by imparting engineering education of the highest quality, ably complemented by practical training. These are the things that make our Graduates stand out in a competitive employment market. We encourage the development of an entrepreneurial mind-set among our students so that they may bring about a positive change in society.
- Social and ethical values: We instil in our students a spirit of academic excellence, leadership, ethics, and a passion for lifelong learning. These are the qualities that will prepare them to excel in their engineering careers and beyond.
- If you have a flair for designing machines
- If you have a passion for the development and maintenance of machines and their support systems
- If you wish to acquire the competence to contribute to areas as diverse as transportation, power generation and energy conversion, environmental control, robotics, mechatronics, precision engineering etc.
- If your goal is to be the best in your chosen field
- If you are looking for experienced and dedicated faculty to hand hold you through the entire period of study
- Approved by the AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- VTU Approved Research Centre.
- Accredited by NBA
- Career Platform: Our graduates will leverage their backgrounds in mechanical engineering and science, to improve livelihoods and quality of life through careers in engineering or related fields. The skill sets we provide will ensure that they can fit into any industry.
- Social Responsibility: Our graduates will become effective collaborators and innovators, leading in efforts to tackle social, business, design and production challenges.
- Continuous Learning: The learning culture in our School will encourage our Graduates in life-long learning and professional development, through self-study, continuing education, and independent research work.
- Basic Mechanical Engineering Knowledge: Graduates will develop the ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to real-world engineering problems.
- Mechanical Design: Graduates will be trained to model and design a system, component, or process, to meet the needs of industry under realistic constraints.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering is accredited for 3 years (2017-18 to 2019-2020) by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi.
- Mechanical Engineering Department at MVJCE is recognized as Research Centre for pursuing Ph.D.
- DYNAMECH, the Department Club, which was established on 15th April 2014,enables the students to learn concepts, along with performing tasks on the concept.
- The Department is associated with professional bodiessuch as Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and Engineers Without Border (EWB).
- The final year students are doing in-house projects, under the expert guidanceofour dedicated faculty.
- Hybrid Solar Bag
- Solar bi-cycle
- Automated Inflation Tyres for four-wheelers
- Performance evaluation of RAM air cooled liquid cooling system of fighter air crafts
- Ever Green Bicycle
- Bio-mimetic bird
- The students of Mechanical Department have developed innovative projects like
- Tricycle running on water
- Basic Workshop Introduction to Fitting and Welding Equipments. Preparation of the Specimen for Fitting and Welding. Models like T Joint, L Joint, Lap Joint and Butt Joint in Welding. In Fitting, students prepare assembled models of triangular, dovetail, semicircular and rectangular joint, etc.
- CAMD Lab Orthographic Projections – Sections of Solids – Riveted Joints – Screw Fasteners – Couplings – Assembly drawings for Screw Jack, Plumber Block, Machine Vice, Tailstock, IC engine piston, Connecting rods and tool head of a shaper.
- CIM & automation Manual Part programming for turning, parting, thread cutting – operations in lathe – Drilling – Milling – Operations for different profiles. Computer Assisted Part Programming using CAPS turn, CAPS mill, See turn, See mill – using this applications simulation of lathe, milling, drilling operations.
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing- Geometrical Constructions – Projection of Points – Lines – Planes – Solids – Isomeric Projections and Development of Surfaces.
- Design Lab- Strain gauge – polarimeter – governors – dampers – journal bearing – whirling of shafts – balancing – gyroscope.
- EC Lab- Flash and Fire Point – Junkers Calorimeter – Planimeter – Performance testing of Two Stroke Petrol, Four Stroke Petrol, Four Stroke diesel and Twin Cylinder engines – Electrical, Single cylinder mechanical and Hydraulic dynamometers – Variable Compression Ratio.
- FM Lab- Venturimeter – orifice meter – V notch – Losses – Reynolds Number – Impact of jet on vanes – Pelton Wheel – Francis Turbine – Kaplan turbine – Single stage and Multi stage reciprocating Pump – Blower – Compressor.
- Foundry & Forging Lab- Determination of the Clay content – Sand Permeability – Shear test – Compression test – Moisture content test – Foundry models like Split patterns – Single mould – double mould patterns. Demonstration of Casting Patterns – Forging models like Square nail – Square bolt – Hexagonal; bolt – Material Calculations.
- HMT Lab- Boiling and Condensation – Determination of Thermal Conductivity – Composite wall – Pinfin experiment – Free and Forced Convection – Radiation – Parallel and Counter Flow Heat Exchanges – Convection – Conduction – Parallel Flow – Emissivity – Stephen Boltzmann Constant – Vapour Compression – Refrigeration.
- Machine Shop- Lathe Operations – Turning, Parting, Knurling, Thread Cutting, Drilling –Shaping – Milling – Gear Cutting – Simple Models – 4 models respect to lathe and 2 models respect to drilling and shaping, 1 model respect to milling.
- Material Testing Lab- Preparation of Specimen – Studying the Microstructure for materials like High Carbon Steel, HSS, Mild Steel, Cast Iron, Brass, Copper, Aluminum, etc, – Studying the Mechanical Properties using destructive testing like Impact, Tensile, Compression, Wear, Fatigue tests – nondestructive tests like dye penetrating, magnetic detector, ultrasonic sound.
Mechanical Engineering Department has 2 important clubs – Dynamech and SAE.
“DynaMech” the departmental club promotes activities of co-curricular & extracurricular nature that are aimed to provide a platform to stimulate interests, that augment classroom knowledge. These are by way of lectures by expert speakers form both industry & academia.
SAEINDIA is India’s leading resource for mobility technology. As an individual member driven society of mobility practitioners the ownership of SAEINDIA wrests with its members who are Individuals from the mobility community, which includes Engineers Executives from Industry, Government Officials, Academics and Students
Dr. Vivekanand B Huddar is Professor and Head of Mechanical Engineering department. He obtained his Ph.D from Visvesvaraih Technological University, Belagavi, Karnataka in 2019 on the title “ Experimental Investigations on Performance of Solar Dryers for Drying Cashew Kernels” in the area of THERMAL ENGINEERING. He did his M.Tech in the year 2016 from BV Bhoomreddi College of Engineering Huballi then affiliated to Visvesvaraih Technological University, Belagavi, Karnataka. He obtained his BE in Mechanical Engineering from Rural Engineering College in 1988-89 then affiliated to Karnataka University Dharwad.
He has published six research papers on drying technology using renewable/ solar energy in reputed international journals. He has successfully completed Rs. 58 lakh funded project titled “Up-gradation of cashew processing equipments” cosponsored by Karnataka Council for Technological Up-gradation, Bengaluru. He has guided more than 30 UG projects out of which three projects got KSCST funding. He has 10 years of industrial experience and 20 years of academic experience at various levels. He has been involved in research from the past 6 years. His areas of interest are Renewable Energy, Thermodynamics and Heat transfer.
- Seminar on Smart Connected World of Tomorrow - IIoT
- Seminar on Forging Technology
- Technical seminar on ‘TCS Academic Interface Programme on Importance of CAD/CAE in Product life cycle management’
- Industrial Report: AMS India PVT LTD
- SSDP On “Advanced Programming Skills In Computerized Numerical Machines”
- Seminar on "Acoustics in AERO Engine Facilities"
- Seminar on "World Class Manufacturing"
- Faculty Development Program On “Innovations In Mechanical Engineering and Technology”
- Top up Lecture on ‘Experimental Techniques of Dynamic Systems’
- Guest Lecture on ‘Smart Design Methods and Process in Aerospace and Automotive Industry’
- Club Activity on ‘POSTER DESIGN’
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADVANCED RESEARCH IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING – 2019 (IC-ARME2019)
- STUDENT SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME REPORT ON ‘AUTOCAD’
- Technical Seminar on Advances in Experimental Structural Dynamics of Aerospace Products
Academic Year: 2013-2014
- Dr. K. S. Badarinarayan, et.al. (2013), “Optimization Of Static Mixer For An Automotive Exhaust SCR System Using CFD”, Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology Management.
- Dr. K. S. Badarinarayan, et.al. (2013), “Finite Element Evaluation Of Composite Sandwich Panel Under Static Four Point Bending Load”, Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology Management.
- Mrs. Sanjibanipani,et.al, (2013), “A Parametric Study On Laser Drilling Of Al/SICP Metal-Matrix Composite”,Journal of Engineering Manufacture, ELSEVIER.
- Mr. R. Selvan,et.al, (2013), “Performance and Emission Analysis of Single Cylinder Diesel Engine Using Jatropha Oil with Supercharger”, International Journal for Scientific Research & Development.
Academic Year: 2014-2015
- Mr. R. Sivasubramaniyam,et.al. (2014), “Performnce Analysis on Array of Circular Fins through Forced Convection”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology.
- Mr. R. Selvan,et.al. (2014), “Performance and Emission Analysis of single cylinder Diesel Engine using Jatropha oil with EGR”, International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research.
- Mr. R. Selvan,et.al. (2014), “Performance and Emission Analysis of Diesel Engine using Jatropha oil with EGR”, International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research.
Academic Year: 2015-2016
- Mr. R. Sivasubramaniyam,et.al. (2015), “Performance Analysis and Heat Transfer Studies on Protruding Surfaces of Electronic Components”, Concurrent Advances in Mechanical Engineering.
Academic Year: 2016-2017
- G L Chandra Sekhar,et al. (2016), "Investigation on mechanical properties of Al 4.5% Cu Sie and Al 4.5 Cu-graphit composites" in EJERS.
- Yogendra Mahajan, et al. (2017), “A Review of Elastomers in Polyjet Additive Manufacturing of Electromechanical Devices”, Conference Proceedings, National Conference on Current Developments and its Applications in Mechanical Engineering.
- P Rajesh Kumar and Parthasarathy N.S. (2016), "Static response of an earth wire strand under coupled tension and torsion", International Journal of Power Systems and Power Electronics, 6(1), Pp. 124-128.
- Shankar. G, Parthasarathy. N.S, “Response of a bi-metallic conductor under axisymmetric loads” International Journal of Power Systems and Power Electronics, April 2016, Vol 6, Pp. 119-123.
- Shankar. G, Parthasarathy. N.S, “Static response of a bi-metallic conductor under tension and torsion” International Conference on Innovations and Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering, Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology, Bangalore, India, 11th June 2016,Vol 1,pp-39-34.
Academic Year: 2017-2018
- Yogendra Mahajan, Amruth Gouda, Amay Kulkarni, Darshan Gouda, Harsh Paul Abhishek, "Process Parameter Optimization of Mechanical Properties For Components Fabricated By Fused Deposition Modelling Process Using Orthogonal Arrays", International Journal For Research & Development In Technology, July 2017, Vol. 8(1).
- Yogendra Mahajan, T V Govindaraju, B Anand, “A Review of Elastomers in Polyjet Additive Manufacturing of Electromechanical Devices”, Conference Proceedings, National Conference on Current Developments and its Applications in Mechanical Engineering, 10th – 12th May 2017.pp 87-90.
Academic Year: 2018-2019
- Dr.S.Marimuthu, Pandiyarajan R, Maran P, Murugan N, “Friction stir welding of hybrid AA 6061 – Zr02 composites FSW process optimization using desirability approach”, Material Research express, Article reference: MRX2 – 101561.R3, Vol. 6, March 2019.
- Sharmiladevi Nagenderan, Prabhu Rajamamundi, Mohanraj Chandran, K. P. Gopinath, “Bio ethanol from moringa olefira and pithecellobium dulce leafs: Production and characterization, Article in Press, Energy sources, part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects”, Taylor and Francis Group, DOI: 10.1080/15567036.2019.1587055. Feb 2019.
- Chandrashekhar G. L., Y. Vijayakumar, Madeva Nagara, and Hariprasad, “Synthesis and mechanical characterization of nano B4C particulates reinforced Al7475 alloy composites”, AIP Conference Proceedings 2039; 020017 (2018); doi: 10.1063/1.5078976.
- P Rajeshkumar, Parthasarathy N.S., “Stiffness of a Single layered Cable Assembly over a sheave with Internal Friction”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, 9(4), April 2018, pp. 156–168.
- P Rajeshkumar and Parthasarathy N.S., “Constrained Bending Phenomenon of A Single Layered Cable Assembly”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, 9(2), April 2018, pp. 58–67.
- Yogendra Mahajan, T V Govindaraju, and B Anand “A Review of Taguchi Optimization Techniques in Additive Manufacturing Techniques”, International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology, 2018, Vol. 6(3).
- Rachappa, Venkatesh N., and Hanumanthraju, “A wear study on bio-active coating of Al2O3, Egg and Sea shell powder on Teflon and Nylon”, Journal for Advanced Research in Applied Sciences, 5(4), April-2018, 583-595.
- Shankar. G, Parthasarathy. N.S, “A refined slip model for predicting the variable bending stiffness in a single layered cable” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, December 2018, Vol 9(13), pp-203-212.
- Shankar. G, Parthasarathy. N.S, “Numerical simulation and experimental evaluation of bending deflection of transmission line conductor” International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology, December 2018, Vol 9(6), pp-120-128.
Academic Year: 2019-2020
- S. Vishvanath Perumal and G. Anand, “Effect of Nano Clay on the Mechanical Properties, Abrasion and Swelling Resistence of EPDM/JBR Composites”, Silicon (Accepted).
- Madhusudana C. K., Hemantha Kumar and Narendranath S., "Vibration-based fault diagnosis of a face milling tool using empirical mode decomposition features and artificial neural network",International Journal of Condition Monitoring, 2019, 9 (2), 25-34.
|S No||Name||Qualification||Designation||Total Experience(years)||Research Area|
|1||Dr. P MAHABALESWARAPPA||Ph.D||Professor & Principal||35||Abrasive Water Jet Machining.|
|2||Dr. VIVEKANAND B HUDDAR||Ph.D||Professor & HOD||30||Thermal Engineering|
|3||Dr. ARVIND B DATYE||Ph.D||Professor||36||Heat Transfer|
|4||KIRAN SM||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||3.10||QUALITY ANALYSIS, TAGUCHI METHOD|
|5||Dr. MADHUSUDANA C K||Ph.D||Associate Professor||7||Condition Monitoring|
|6||Dr. ANAND||Ph.D||Associate Professor||2.2||Materials and Manufacturing|
|7||Dr. SUNIL SHANKAR WADDAR||Ph.D||Associate Professor||1.5||Polymer Composites|
|8||Dr. SANGAMESH GONDEGAON||Ph.D||Associate Professor||5.5||Finite Element Analysis|
|9||Mr. RAJESH KUMAR P||Ph.D||Assistant Professor||13||tress Analysis|
|10||Mr. G SHANKAR||Ph.D||Assistant Professor||12||Cable Mechanics|
|11||Mr. MUNIVENKATARAYAPPA||M.Tech||Assistant Professor & Dy.COE||23||Design Enginering(CAD/PDM/PLM)|
|12||Mr. G L CHANDRA SEKHAR||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||11||composite Materials|
|13||Mrs. SWETHA AGRAWAL||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||11||Computational Fluid Dynamics|
|14||Mr. KRISHNAPRASAD R||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||4||Aerospace Materials|
|15||Mr. MOHAN KUMAR K||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||7||composite Materials|
|16||VINOTH KUMAR G||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||5.6||RAC & HVAC|
|17||Mr. RACHAPPA C T||M.E||Assistant Professor||7.5||Friction Stir Welding|
|18||Mr. SUHAS B||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||5||Fatigue and Creep|
|19||Mr. PRAMOD R SHARMA||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||8||I.C Engines|
|20||Mr. S SANDEEP||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||5||Machine Design|
|21||KIRAN KK||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||7.3||COMPOSITE MATERIALS|
|22||Mr. PRAMOD N S||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||3||Energy storage|
|23||Mr. SUCHITH K S||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||5||Thermal Engineering|
|24||Ms. AKSHITHA G||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||3||Fatigue and Fracture|
|25||Mr. RAKESH SHARMA||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||2.5||Prosethtic LowerLimb|
|26||SHIVAKUMAR H D||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||7||QUALITY ANALYSIS, SIX SIGMA|
|27||Mr. NIRANJAN HUGAR||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||4||Composite Materials|
- Report on National Level Pro Karting Championship Season-3, organized at Aditya Educational Institutions, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, from 13th to 16th March 2019
- DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND FABRICATION OF PLATFORM CLEANING SYSTEM
- Removal Of Heavy Metals And Dyes From Wastewater Using Hydrogels
- Mega ATV Championship –Season 3, Nasik Maharashtra
- Team X-TREAM SQUAD of MVJ College of engineering secured 2nd prize in an Go-Kart event organized at Aditya Engineering College, KAKINADA, AP on 14th Feb 2018
- Amulya T S(1MJ15ME400) secured 5th place in women’s half-marathon
The Department of Mechanical Engineering, MVJ College of Engineering,...
The STUDENT SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME on ‘AUTOCAD’ was conducted...
The Department of Mechanical Engineering, MVJCE, Bengaluru, organized an...
The Club Activity on ‘POSTER DESIGN’ was held on...