Sometimes you will just need a little help to know things better. The FAQ section consists of a set of inclusive set of questions and answers that will help you yo understand us better?
Manikudi Venkataraman Jayaraman College of Engineering.
Yes, we can get North Indian as well as South Indian food.
90% of the Eligible students will get placed.
All the branches are good and well established since it is a 31 year old college. MVJCE is the first college under VTU to have Aeronautical branch.
9th ranking in Karnataka and 70th rank all over India.
No will not consider COMEDK.
Yes 90% of the staffs are Ph d holder.
Yes, ATM facilities are available.
From Airport it takes 52 min, Railway Station (KR PURAM) is 19 mins, Majestic Bus Stop is 30 min.
Within 4 km hospital and Post Office facilities are available.
Yes, we can use laptop and Wi-Fi facilities are also there.
The PCM % should be above 45.
11 branches are there totally in Engineering.
2, 3 and 4 seater is available.
Hostel warden will take care and there is doctor in the campus.
Gym, Games, 24/7 power supply, water supply, Laundry, Internet and Library.
Welcome to MVJCE-Central Library! MVJCE Library is housed in an exclusive attractive building next to MVJCE Canteen and just opposite to Dr. M.V. Jayaraman Auditorium and has tons of resources and offer many different types of services for your learning, teaching and research needs. Then you might want to begin with this web link http://centrallibrary/opac, and then you may like to visit Central Library personally at the earliest opportunity at the campus
- MVJCE has a separate spacious Central Library building with 3 floors
- It is a very resourceful library with rich collection (Total collection 53,000 +) of VTU prescribed text books, Reference Books and standard Hand Book in all the subject areas that are taught in our campus
- It subscribes Indian Print Journals and International Online Journals published by leading publishers and learned societies and institutions like IEEE, ASME, ASCE, EBSCO etc.
- It has good collection of educative CDROMs, Techniocal Reports etc for additional reference work
- Previous years Bound volumes of periodicals are also maintained for cross reference works.
- It is fully computerised library with OPAC search facility to check the resources available with us
- Photocopying, Scanning facilities are also available
- It works on all the 365 days between 8 am to 10 pm except 2 National holidays
- All staff members are well qualified in Lib. & Inf. Science to assist and guide the readers in locating the information they are looking for in the library
- Separate Digital Library Facility with 40 + computer systems to access online resources
- MVJCE Library provides Literature search service through “KNIMBUS” platform to search the articles published through out the world on the area of readers’ subject interest.
- Library gives tips and guidelines to senior students and faculty members about how to select the topics for their Research Projects and also to write technical papers to journals, conferences and seminars.
- Library provides soft copies of VTU previous years Question Papers through OPAC.
Library gives tips and guidelines to its Faculty Members in writing books on engineering subjects to suit the VTU syllabus; which are very useful to our students.
- NPTEL Video Lectures are also provided on local hard disks for instant access.
Library is kept open on all working days except National holidays i.e Republic Day, Independence Day and Gandhi Jayanthi. Monday to Saturday 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM Sunday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Holidays 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
First enroll as a Library Member by submitting to circulation section at the central library filled LIBRARY MEMBERHIP FORM which is available in the Central Library along with copy of your ID card, copy of fee receipt and two passport size recent photographs. After two days our library staff will confirm your library membership and issue the borrowers card.
Your loan privileges will vary according to your membership type and type items. For example most text books stored in OPEN stacks can be borrowed for 15 days like any ordinary book on the shelf; you can borrow 03 books at a time, while bound journals requested from the closed stacks can be loaned for 1 day. For borrowing print theses/dissertations from the closed stacks, please consult a librarian for more details.
The date when you must return your books will be stamped on the due dateslip at the BACK of the book. You have to return the borrowed books to the Loans Desk where they were issued to you.
You can renew borrowed books for another spell provided they are not reserved by other borrowers. Borrowing can be done in two ways: Take the book to the Loan Desk and ask for the book to be renewed or Call the Loans Desk Number 08028452324 ext 234 and ask for your book(s) to be renewed.
Yes, borrowers must ensure that books are equally available to all, so library users who fail to return their books on time will have to pay a penalty as per the rules of the library.
MJVCE-Library’s most of the journals are e-journals–you can access them through internet via http://centrallibrary/opac you can download, save, or print the articles. Related to other materials same procedures will follow like, issue of the books.
Losing borrowed reading material is a serious matter that reflects lack of care from the Borrower. It may not be possible to replace every borrowed material and to that extent it will be a loss to library resources. However in unavoidable circumstances the borrower has to first intimate the Library authorities either by mail to: email@example.com or in writing to avoid penalty for delay in returning the borrowed item. Library authorities will give the option to replace the lost item or remit the cost of the borrowed material as decided by Library committee.
Plagiarism is defined as “the deliberate or reckless representation of another’s words, thoughts, or ideas as one’s own without attribution in connection with submission of academic work, whether graded or otherwise. it is considered a form of cheating.
Many of the books available in MVJCE library will strictly prohibit photocopying either full or portion of the book and MVJCE Library strictly discourages such a practice.