MVJCE, Department of AE & Mechanical Engineering had organized a faculty development program in Advanced Manufacturing Technologies from 21st to 23rd July 2016 at the Smt. Rajalakshmi Jayaraman Seminar Hall.
Advanced Manufacturing is the integration of technology based systems and processes in the production of products (fit, form, and function) to the highest level of quality and in compliance with industry specific certification standards. The areas covered were specific to Aircraft Technologies, with thrust on Composites,Nano materials, and Advance Tooling. Materials technologies and Manufacturing of Advance Gas Turbine engines was also brought out.
Eminent speakers from NAL, HAL and Pvt Sector spoke on the following topics:
- Tooling for Composites
- Additive Manufacturing Process for Aerospace Applications
- Materials and Manufacturing Technologies for Gas Turbine
- Nanotechnologies and Its` Applications
- Advance Manufacturing Technology for Aerospace Industry
- Laser Technology and Metal Joining Process
- Manufacturing of Cocured Composite Structures
- Materials Joining Process
- Analysis of Nano materials
- Composites Manufacturing Technologies
Prominent speakers included the followings:
- Mr. V. Balakrishnan, CEO, Multi-role Transport Aircraft limited & Former ED,HAL
- Mr. Rajnish Sharma, ED & CEO, United Nanotech Innovative Pvt. Ltd
- Mr. KKV Barmate, Ex-GM, HAL
It was an eye opening program and the information was very useful for dissemination to the students who are the Engineering for tomorrow.