While the Covid19 pandemic has left no area untouched, we have taken numerous measures to ensure the safety of its staff, students and all the visitors to its campus – and to ensure that academic life goes on, as usual!! So, how did we manage it? What are we doing to make this possible?
Following the instructions of VTU, AICTE and UGC we started delivering online classes from 26th March 2020. And we made sure that our online sessions were both educative and interesting, with this approach:
- Use of Technology for preparation of LMS/ Study materials
- Online impromptu quizzes
- Assignments and discussions
- Flipped classes
- Virtual Labs for lab sessions
- Recorded Lab videos with demonstrations from MVJ Labs
Redesigning the Campus
With respect to the guidelines regarding implementation of COVID-19 and the precautionary measures specified by the Govt. of India, our institution has taken utmost care in implementing these guidelines.
- Formation of COVID Cell
- PPE kit for Invigilators
- Preparation and distribution of Hand sanitizer in the campus
- Usage of Foot Sanitizer at all entry points
- Gloves and face shield for all staff who are exposed to visitors
- Electronic Washroom Usage alert system in all the washrooms in the campus
We are Prepared and Open
We opened our campus in May 2020, with all the health protocols essential to ensure the maximum safety of our community. And our campus has been open without any interruptions until April 27th April 2021. We are ready to open our campus post the lockdown imposed from 28th April to 14th June 2021.
Conducting RT-PCR Tests
- RT-PCR tests were conducted on 18th November 2020, for all the employees and students by BBMP officials. 800 samples were taken.
- RT-PCR tests were conducted again, on 17th December 2020. 37 samples were taken.
- RT-PCR tests were conducted from 15th to 17thMarch 2021, for all the staff and students of I year by BBMP officials. 1000 samples were taken.
- RT-PCR tests were conducted on 22nd March 2021, for 60 students of I year, by BBMP officials.
- RT-PCR tests were conducted on 12thApril 2021, for around 170 students, by BBMP officials.
- RT-PCR tests were conducted on 16thApril, for hostel students by BBMP officials. 200 samples were taken.
- RT-PCR tests were conducted for 3 days from 19th to 21st April 2021 for all the staff and students by BBMP officials. 800 samples were taken.
- A Vaccination Camp was organized on 10th April 2021 for the faculty and staff over 45 years of age. 41 staff members were given vaccination (Covishield).
- A second camp was arranged on 2nd and 3rd July 2021for the students and staff. 610 students/staff members were given vaccination (305 – Covishield and 305 – Covaxin).
- 80% of the staff of MVJCE have taken their Vaccination.