VISIONOur vision is to nurture the students for their profession and to impart technology and processes for converting their ideas into real life applications.
- To develop the department into the best support department with the best staff and infrastructure.
- To provide the best services to the student and to produce 100% result in university examination.
- To promote research activity in the department in the area of chemical science with exploring the funding by National/International agencies.
Sub code : 18CHE12/ 18CHE22
Subject : Engineering Chemistry
|Course Code||Course Outcome|
|CO110.1||Use of free energy in equilibria, rationalize bulk properties and processes using thermodynamic considerations, electrochemical energy systems..|
|CO110.2||Causes and effects of corrosion of metals and control of corrosion. Modification of surface properties of metals to develop resistance to corrosion, wear, tear, impact etc by electroplating and electroless plating.|
|CO110.3||Production and consumption of energy for industrialization of country and living standards of people. Electrochemical and concentration cells. Classical & modern batteries and fuel cells. Utilization of solar energy for different useful forms of energy.|
|CO110.4||Environmental pollution, waste management and water chemistry.|
|CO110.5||Different techniques of instrumental methods of analysis. Fundamental principles of nano materials.|
|Sub code : 17CHEL17/17CHEL27
Subject : Engineering Chemistry Lab
|Course Code||Course Outcome|
|CO115.1||Handling different types of instruments for analysis of materials using small quantities of materials involved for quick and accurate results.|
|CO115.2||Carrying out different types of titrations for estimation of concerned in materials using comparatively more quantities of materials involved for good results.|
|CO115.3||Quantification of metals present in different ores and alloys.|
|CO115.4||Rapid and efficient methods for monitoring water quality employing simple methods.|
|CO115.5||Determination of physical properties of liquids and solutions.|
Research Papers published by Faculty in Journals
Dr. Indu Pandey
“Electrochemically Grown Potassium Ferrocyanide Doped Conducting Polymeric Rhodamine Nanodots Modified Graphite Based Fluorescence Supercapacitors,” IEEE-XPLORE, Second International Conference on Advances in Electronics, Computer and Communications(ICAECC-2018)978-1-5386-3785-2/18
“Metal Incorporated Polymeric Nanodots Based Electrode Material for Fluorescent Supercapacitors”, Journal of The Electrochemical Society,165,(8),March,2018, B3035-3042.
“Films of Reduced Graphene Oxide-Based MetalOxide Nanoparticles”, Nanoelectronics, materials and devices, 10, 7191 , pg978-981.
“Films and dispersions of reduced graphene oxide based Fe2O3 nanostructure composites: Synthesis, magnetic properties and electrochemical capacitance”, Material chemistry and physics, 209, Jan ,2018,Pg1-9.
“Enhanced electrocatalytic activity of reduced graphene oxide-Os nanoparticle hybrid films obtained at a liquid/liquid interface”, Journal of Nanoparticle Research,20:56, Feb 2018
“Molten Salt Synthesis of Nano Crystalline ZnFe2o4 and its Photocatalytic Dye degradation studies”. Materials Today Proceedings, 4-October2017, Pg 11816-819.
Mrs. Rashmi Rani
“Ultrafine nanocrystalline mesoporous NaY zeolite from flyash” in Journal of Porous material.
- Preethi.G : area of research is Photocatalysts. She has published one research paper titled “Molten Solid Synthesis of Nano crystalline Zn- Fe2O4 and its Dye degradation studies”.
- Rashmi Rani Padhy : area of research is Synthesis and Characterization of multifunctional Zeolite from industrial and agrowaste. She has published one paper titled “Ultrafine nanocrystalline mesoporous NaY zeolite from flyash” in Journal of Porous material.
- Ramya K.B: area of research is Synthesis of Organic Catalysts. She has cleared the Course work and currently doing the literature survey.
- Swathi .K.N : area of research is Synthesis and Characterization of Thiazole and derivatives. . She has cleared the Course work and currently doing the literature survey.
- Swati Lal : area of research is Synthesis and Characterization of Nano- particles and its biological application.
- Manjula.M : area of research is study of interactions of Serum albumins with bioactive molecules.
|1||Prof.MANJULA.M||B.Sc(CZBt)||M.Sc (Organic Chemistry)||Pursuing||Assistant Professor & HOD||9||NIL||NIL|
|3||Dr.SRABANI GHOSH||B.Sc(Chemistry .Hons)||M.Sc (Physical Chemistry)||Bio-physical Chemistry||Asso Prof||6||8||NIL|
|4||Prof.SWATI LAL||B.Sc(Chemistry .Hons)||M.Sc (Applied Chemistry)||Pursuing||Assistant Professor||7||NIL||NIL|
|5||Prof.RASHMI RANI PADHY||B.Sc(Chemistry .Hons)||M.Sc (Organic Chemistry)||Pursuing||Assistant Professor||7||4||NIL|
|6||Prof.PREETHI.G||B.Sc(Chemistry)||M.Sc (Analytical Chemistry)||Pursuing||Assistant Professor||8||3||NIL|
|7||Prof.ANGEL MARY||B.Sc(Chemistry )||M.Sc (General Chemistry)||NA||Assistant Professor||2||NIL||NIL|
|8||Prof.RAMYA.K.B||B.Sc(Chemistry )||M.Sc (General Chemistry)||Pursuing||Assistant Professor||5||1||NIL|
|9||Dr.Indu Pandey||B.Sc(Chemistry .Hons)||M.Sc (Analytical Chemistry)||Sensors||Asso Prof||9||8||NIL|
- Srabani Ghosh, Sourav Mishra, and Rupa Mukhopadhyay, Enhancing On-Surface Mismatch Discrimination Capability of PNA Probes by AuNP Modification of Gold(111) Surface, Langmuir, 29 (38), 11982–11990, 2013.
- Srabani Ghosh, Sourav Mishra, Trambaki Banerjee, and Rupa Mukhopadhyay, Facilitating Mismatch Discrimination by Surface-Affixed PNA Probes via Ionic Regulation, Langmuir, 29 (10), 3370–3379, 2013.
- Sourav Mishra, Srabani Ghosh, and Rupa Mukhopadhyay ,Regulating the On-Surface LNA Probe Density for the Highest Target Recognition Efficiency, Langmuir, 30 (34), 10389–10397, 2014.
- S. Ghosh, S. Mishra and R., Mukhopadhyay ,Enhancing Sensitivity in a Piezoresistive Cantilever-based Label-free DNA Detection Assay using ssPNA Sensor Probes, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 8, 960-970.
- Rashmi Rani Padhy, Ruchi Shaw, Sangeetha Tiwari, Sandeep Tiwari, “Ultrafine nanocrystalline mesoporous NaY zeolites from fly ash and their suitability for eco-friendly corrosion protection”. Journal of Porous Materials, 22(6), 2015.
- G. Preethi, Asshish S. Ninan, Kiran Kumar, “Molten Salt Synthesis of Nano Crystalline ZnFe2o4 and its Photocatalytic Dye degradation studies”. Materials Today Proceedings, 4(11), 11816-819, 2017.
- Indu Pandey, Praveen Sekhar, Ajit Khosla, Electrochemically synthesized new class of molecularly imprinted poly-rhodamine b nanodots for the detection of nutritional anaemia biomarker-bovine haemoglobin in salt-sick cattle, Microsystem Technologies, pp 1–11, 2018.
- Bramhaiah Kommula, Indu Pandey, Vidya N. Singh, Nagaiah Kambhala, S. Angappane, Neena S, Films and dispersions of reduced graphene oxide based Fe2O3 nanostructure composites: Synthesis, magnetic properties and electrochemical capacitance, Mater. Chem. Phys. 209 1-9, 2018.
- Bramhaiah Kommula, Indu Pandey, Vidya N. Singh, C. Kavitha, Neena S, Enhanced electrocatalytic activity of reduced graphene oxide-Os nanoparticle hybrid films obtained at a liquid/liquid interface, J Nanopart Res 20: 56, 2018.
- Indu Pandey, Jai Deo Tiwari, Praveen Sekhar, Metal incorporated polymeric nanodots based electrode material for fluorescent supercapacitors, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 165 (8) B3035-B3042, 2018.
- Indu Pandey, Pallab Bairagi, Nishith Verma, Electrochemically Grown Polymethylene Blue Nanofilm on Copper-Carbon Nanofibers Nanocomposite: An Electrochemical Sensor for Creatinine. Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical, 277, 562-570, 2018.
- Indu Pandey, Jai Deo Tiwari, Praveen Sekhar, Free standing copper incorporated carbon nanofibers based flexible anodes for high performance sodium ion batteries, Microsystem Technologies, Accepted https://doi.org/10.1007/s00542-018-4255-x, 2018.
- Indu Pandey, Jai Deo Tiwari, A novel dual imprinted conducting nanocubes based flexible sensor for simultaneous detection of hemoglobin and glycated haemoglobin in gestational diabetes mellitus patients. Sensors and Actuators B, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Volume 285, 470-478, 2019.
- Indu Pandey, Jai Deo Tiwari, Tonmoy Kumar Saha, Praveen Kumar Sekhar, Ajit Khosla, Hidemitsu Furukawa, Black carbon paper based polyanthraquinone coated exfoliated graphite for flexible paper battery, March 2019Microsystem Technologies, DOI: 10.1007/s00542-019-04378-3, 2019.