Be a leading Chemical Engineering Department for quality technical education.
- Quality Teaching: - Provide high quality education in chemical and allied fields through outcome based teaching –learning process.
- Core competence:- Empower students and faculties to achieve proficiency in chemical sciences and engineering using state-of-the-art laboratory facilities with modern technologies.
- Centre of Excellence: Stimulate and encourage the pursuit of excellence in Chemical Science and Engineering.
- Skill Development:-Foster graduates with leadership qualities, entrepreneurship skills, innovative thinking and professional ethics.
- If you have a love for chemistry and chemical processes explore this course.
- It includes study in the areas of design, improvement and maintenance of processes involving chemical or biological transformations for large-scale manufacturing.
- If your goal is to be the best in your chosen field
- If you are looking for experienced and dedicated faculty to hand hold you through the entire period of study.
- Accredited by NBA
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- In-depth knowledge: Acquire in-depth knowledge of process calculations, transport operations, reaction engineering, process control, economics, safety and environmental aspects required to work in the diverse fields such as Petroleum refining, nano technology, food, pharma, energy ,environmental engineering etc.
- Computed aided Design: Solve Chemical engineering problems using computational and simulation tools for design and optimization of chemical processes.
Prof. Nagapadma, M
Prof. Nagapadma has 12 years of teaching experience and is pursuing Ph.D at S V University, Tirupati. She has obtained seminar grant from CSIR, project grant from Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology and also Life member of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers. She has published papers in National and International journals. Her areas of interests are Adsorption studies, Separation processes, Computational Methods
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
|1.||Dr. SESHADRI KUMAR||B.Tech, M.S. Ph.D||Professor|
|2.||Ms. NAGA PADMA M.||B.Tech, M.Tech, (Ph.D)||Associate Professor & HOD|
|3.||Ms. KEERTHI K PAI||B.Tech, M.Tech, (Ph.D)||Associate Professor|
|4.||Ms. ATHIRA ASOKAN||B.Tech, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|5.||Ms. M. MALIKA||B.Tech, M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|6.||Ms. SOUMYASHREE S. HOSAMANI||B.E., M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|7.||Ms. CHAITRA||B.E., M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|8.||Ms. SARASWATI KULKARNI||B.E., M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|9.||Ms. RESHMA KRISHNAKUMAR||B.E.,M.Tech||Assistant Professor|
|10.||Ms. BURUGA KEZIA||B.E., M.Tech, (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
- Chemical Reaction Lab
The heart of many chemical engineering operations is the chemical reactor. This laboratory offers team-based and student-defined projects investigating reaction engineering problems in areas of interest within the chemical industy. To enhance the practical knowledge of industrial application of chemical reaction engineering a number of reactor like CSTR, Plug flow reactor, batch reactor, sono chemical reactor, photo chemical reactor etc are available in this laboratory.
- Computer Applications & Simulation
Computer lab helps students to understand C programming in applications of Chemical Engineering like Designing of a Reactor, Heat Exchangers, Distillation Column,Absorption column,etc and it also consists of Simulation package “Aspen Hysys” .Computer simulations use some algorithms from purely mathematical models, computers can combine simulations with reality or actual events, such as generating input responses, to simulate test subjects who are no longer present. The system they use could be the actual equipment, revealing performance limits or defects in long-term use by these simulated users.
- Heat transfer Lab
Heat Transfer Laboratory helps the students to understand the basic concepts of heat transfer: Conduction, Convection and Radiation which are the three basic modes for heat transfer to take place. To enhance the practical knowledge of industrial equipments, students perform experiments on some common heat transfer equipments such as Double Pipe Heat Exchanger, Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger and Single Effect Evaporator etc.
- Instrumentation & Pollution Control
Experiments performed in this laboratory are: acidity and alkalinity, biological oxygen demand (BOD), coagulation and flocculation, ambient air quality monitoring, the use of direct spectrophotometer, conductivity measurement, sludge index, water sampling.
- Mass Transfer Lab
Mass Transfer equipments account for a major part of the capital investment in process industry. Fundamental laws governing the design and operation of these equipments are covered in the course “Mass Transfer”. The purpose of this lab is to introduce the undergraduate students with the most important separation & mass transfer equipments in the process industry, and provide a hands-on training of the proper operation of these units. This helps in not only understanding the theoretical fundamentals of the subject but also helps to visualize its real-world applications in the process industry.
- Mechanical Operation Lab
The Mechanical Operations Laboratory is equipped for the study of the various mechanical operations associated with different solids as well as fluid. Experiments mainly deal with size reduction, size separation, solid separation etc. All basic experiments for fluid particle mechanics like Jaw Crusher, Ball Mill, Hammer Mill, Sieve Shaker, Plate and Frame Filter, Vacuum Leaf Filter, Cyclone Separator, Froth Floatation, Batch Sedimentation etc are available in this laboratory.
- Process Control Lab
Process control Laboratory provides the basic knowledge of dynamic responses of different systems like single tank, interacting tanks , non-interacting tanks etc.. In this lab, the students also become familiar with the various controllers such as PID controller which is widely used in the Chemical Industry..
Development of Petrochemical Processes and Catalyst
Seminar on Modeling as a Tool in Chemical Engineering
National Conference on Recent Advances in chemical Engineering - 2018 Report
Industrial Visit to Sami Labs
SDP on "A Practical introduction to CFD"
- Industrial Visit to SAMI LABS, Kunigal
- SDP on A Practical introduction to CFD
- MVJ College of Engineerinng
- Schemcon-2017, IIChE Student Chapter, Rourkela Regional Centre and Dept of Chemical Engg
- 20th VTU Intercollegiate athletic meet 2016-17
- Removal of Heavy Metals and Dyes from waste water using Hydrogels “sanctioned Rs 5000/- under IIChE sponsored Student Project