- Technical Excellence: The School of Mechanical Sciences at MVJCE is well on the road to becoming a Centre of Excellence in Mechanical Engineering education. By providing students with state-of-the-art facilities and a vibrant learning environment, we empower young engineers with a sound foundation and a powerful set of skills that leverage the latest technologies.
- Industry Relationships: Through high-quality consultancy services, continuous education programs and specialised programs catering to industry needs, we aim to work with industry partners to bolster their Research and Development activities.
- Competency: Producing competent and competitive young engineers is our topmost priority. We achieve this, by imparting engineering education of the highest quality, ably complemented by practical training. These are the things that make our Graduates stand out in a competitive employment market. We encourage the development of an entrepreneurial mind-set among our students so that they may bring about a positive change in society.
- Social and ethical values: We instil in our students a spirit of academic excellence, leadership, ethics, and a passion for lifelong learning. These are the qualities that will prepare them to excel in their engineering careers and beyond.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- If you have a flair for designing machines
- If you have a passion for the development and maintenance of machines and their support systems
- If you wish to acquire the competence to contribute to areas as diverse as transportation, power generation and energy conversion, environmental control, robotics, mechatronics, precision engineering etc.
- If your goal is to be the best in your chosen field
- If you are looking for experienced and dedicated faculty to hand hold you through the entire period of study
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by the AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- VTU Approved Research Centre.
- Accredited by NBA
PROGRAM EDUCATION OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- Career Platform: Our graduates will leverage their backgrounds in mechanical engineering and science, to improve livelihoods and quality of life through careers in engineering or related fields. The skill sets we provide will ensure that they can fit into any industry.
- Social Responsibility: Our graduates will become effective collaborators and innovators, leading in efforts to tackle social, business, design and production challenges.
- Continuous Learning: The learning culture in our School will encourage our Graduates in life-long learning and professional development, through self-study, continuing education, and independent research work.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- Basic Mechanical Engineering Knowledge: Graduates will develop the ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to real-world engineering problems.
- Mechanical Design: Graduates will be trained to model and design a system, component, or process, to meet the needs of industry under realistic constraints.
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Prof. Ravishankar holds Post Graduate degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Product Design and Manufacturing. His interests include Automobile Engineering, Solar Energy and Product design He has 8 years of experience that include 2 years in industry. He was adjudged the Best Teacher in the year 2010-2011. He has presented papers in several prestigious National Conferences and published papers in International journals.
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- The School of Mechanical Sciences is recognised by VTU as a Research Centre, and offers research programmes leading to a PhD degree.
- The School is associated with several prominent professional organisations such as IIPE.
- The School offers two postgraduate specialisations – Thermal Engineering and Engineering Analysis and Design.
- Undergraduates in their final year have the opportunity to work closely with our dedicated faculty on high-quality research projects. Some of our best projects: Central Tyre Inflation System, Ever Green Bicycle, Bio-Mimetric Bird, Tricycle Running on Water, and Go-KART Model.
- The School has strong associations with Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE), a laboratory of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
GO TO ANOTHER COURSE
GET IN TOUCH
Mechanical Engineering Department is a recognized Research Centre for doing Ph. D. under Visvesavarya Technological University (VTU). Department received fund of Rs 10 Lakh from GTRE (Gas Turbine Research Establishment) for doing project “Design of a centrifugal compressor to a given specification” under GATET(Gas Turbine Enabling Technology) initiative
Department is associated with professional body like Institution of Engineers and Society of Automotive Engineers. “DynaMech” the departmental club promotes activities of co-curricular & extracurricular nature that are aimed to provide a platform to stimulate interests that augment classroom knowledge. Lectures by expert speakers form both industry &academia are organized. Periodically Seminars, Workshop and Conferences as well as Quiz, Debate & design competitions are organized with the dual motives of bringing in the latest developments to the students directly from experts , and also to bring about industry-academia interaction. In order to inculcate innovation & hands-on approaches to design, manufacture, assembly & testing, students are encouraged to be part of forum that trigger innovations, such as Go kart, SAE- BAHA.
- VTU Gold Medal in the year 2016: Chetan H S [1MJ14MEA402] [M.TechEngg. Analysis and Design].
- Pramodh R, Mr. Manjesh K S and Mr.Santhosh D students of 8thsem Mechanical Engineering had presented a paper at the National Conference on “Recent Innovation in Science & Engineering (RISE)-2017” held on 6thMay 2017 at PESIT-South Campus, Bengaluru. They were received “Best Paper Award” for the paper entitled “Concept, Design, Analysis and Fabrication of Pesticide Sprayer for Rose Farming”.
- ShaikhAsif, Mr. Pavan, Mr. Suresh Chapekar, Mr. SubhenduGhosh and students of the 8thSem from the Department of Mechanical Engineering had presented a paper at the National Conference on “Tropical Transcend in Mechanical Engineering (TTMT)-2017” held on 10th May 2017 at SJBIT, Bengaluru. They were given were given memento, for the best paper entitled “Micro Structure and |Mechanical Behaviour of Graphite Particulates Reinforced AL6082 Alloy Composites.”.
- SPEED (Student Platform for Engineering Education Development) Student chapter was formulated in the year 2017 to provoke engineering students across India to be more involved in improving their learning methods by implementing action plans developed during the SPEED workshops, foster research with interest by using resources, contacts and become a global engineer by being a part of larger student network “SPEED”. Mr B Sunish, Final year Mechanical Engineering is selected as the student facilitator by SPEED and facilitated SPEED -RSFW (Regional Student Forum Workshops) in the month of September 2017 and facilitated SPEED –ISF(Indian Student Forum Workshop)in the month of October 2017. Mr B. Sunish also attended SPEED GSFW (Global Student Forum workshop, World CEO Meeting, Malaysia.
- Mr Vishnu Ramakrishnan, Student of Mechanical Engineering Department filed a provisional patent on Automatic Fuel Evacuation in the year 2016.
- Go kart:A Go-kart is a small four-wheeled vehicle, racing machines fabricated by the group of students from Mechanical Engineering Department looking into the various design consideration meeting international standards.
- Team XTREAM participated in Vishnu Karting Championship held in Vishnu Engineering College for Women, Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh from 26th to 29th January 2017 under the supervision of Capt. SaptharishiSarkar, Vice Capt. Anshuman Ram were successful in securing 8th rank out of 42 National Participants.
- Go Kart Design Challenge(GKDC2015)represented by Team 1- Squadron & Team 2- Mech’Aero with 25 Students participated on 22rd& 23rd at Acropolis Technical Campus, Indore and the design is selected.
- XTREAM won first prize in national level fest. Vertechx 6.0 which was held by MVJ College of engineering on 18th & 19th march2016.
- XTREAM participated in "MEGA ATV DESIGN CHALLENGE 2016" organized by Auto sports India association with Kalinga Motor Sports club in Bhubaneswar, Odisha from 4th to 7thMarch 2016.
- XTREAM won first prize in Central Super Karting Competition held at MIT group of Institute, Bhopal on 9th and 10thJuly 2016
- XTREAM won fourth place in National Go-Kart Championship/Auto Cross and Skid Pad organized by Lovely Professional University (LPU) Punjab in the year 2014.
- Students of Mechanical Department Mr Abhimanyu, Mr Ajay Kumar, Mr VirendraYadav, Mr Indranil and Mr Dawood Secured 7th place in the International Event on Automobile Assembly organized by IIT Delhi in the year 2014-15.