To achieve regional and national recognition as a department of excellence that provides unparalleled Mechanical Engineering education and to produce outstanding engineers who can contribute to industrial and societal advancement.
- Technical Excellence: The School of Mechanical Sciences at MVJCE is well on the road to becoming a Centre of Excellence in Mechanical Engineering education. By providing students with state-of-the-art facilities and a vibrant learning environment, we empower young engineers with a sound foundation and a powerful set of skills that leverage the latest technologies.
- Industry Relationships: Through high-quality consultancy services, continuous education programs and specialised programs catering to industry needs, we aim to work with industry partners to bolster their Research and Development activities.
- Competency: Producing competent and competitive young engineers is our topmost priority. We achieve this, by imparting engineering education of the highest quality, ably complemented by practical training. These are the things that make our Graduates stand out in a competitive employment market. We encourage the development of an entrepreneurial mind-set among our students so that they may bring about a positive change in society.
- Social and ethical values: We instil in our students a spirit of academic excellence, leadership, ethics, and a passion for lifelong learning. These are the qualities that will prepare them to excel in their engineering careers and beyond.
- If you have a flair for designing machines
- If you have a passion for the development and maintenance of machines and their support systems
- If you wish to acquire the competence to contribute to areas as diverse as transportation, power generation and energy conversion, environmental control, robotics, mechatronics, precision engineering etc.
- If your goal is to be the best in your chosen field
- If you are looking for experienced and dedicated faculty to hand hold you through the entire period of study
- Approved by the AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- VTU Approved Research Centre.
- Accredited by NBA
- Career Platform: Our graduates will leverage their backgrounds in mechanical engineering and science, to improve livelihoods and quality of life through careers in engineering or related fields. The skill sets we provide will ensure that they can fit into any industry.
- Social Responsibility: Our graduates will become effective collaborators and innovators, leading in efforts to tackle social, business, design and production challenges.
- Continuous Learning: The learning culture in our School will encourage our Graduates in life-long learning and professional development, through self-study, continuing education, and independent research work.
- Basic Mechanical Engineering Knowledge: Graduates will develop the ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to real-world engineering problems.
- Mechanical Design: Graduates will be trained to model and design a system, component, or process, to meet the needs of industry under realistic constraints.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering is accredited for 3 years (2017-18 to 2019-2020) by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi.
- Mechanical Engineering Department at MVJCE is recognized as Research Centre for pursuing Ph.D.
- DYNAMECH, the Department Club, which was established on 15th April 2014,enables the students to learn concepts, along with performing tasks on the concept.
- The Department is associated with professional bodiessuch as Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and Engineers Without Border (EWB).
- The final year students are doing in-house projects, under the expert guidanceofour dedicated faculty.
- Hybrid Solar Bag
- Solar bi-cycle
- Automated Inflation Tyres for four-wheelers
- Performance evaluation of RAM air cooled liquid cooling system of fighter air crafts
- Ever Green Bicycle
- Bio-mimetic bird
- The students of Mechanical Department have developed innovative projects like
- Tricycle running on water
DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
|1.||Dr. P. GIRIDHARA REDDY||B.E.,M.E.,Ph.D||Professor & Dean|
|2.||Dr. K. V. MURALIDHARAN||B.E., M.E., Ph.D||Professor|
|3.||Dr. ARVIND BALKRISHNA DATYE||B.E., M.Tech. Ph.D||Professor|
|4.||Ms. SINDHU S.||B.E., M.E.||Associate Professor|
|5.||Mr. RAJESH KUMAR P.||B.E., M.E., (Ph.D)||Associate Professor|
|6.||Mr. CHANDRASEKHAR G. L.||B.E., M.Tech.||Associate Professor|
|7.||Ms. SANJIBANI PANI||B.E.,M.Tech.||Associate Professor|
|8.||Ms. SHWETA AGRAWAL||B.E., M.Tech.||Associate Professor|
|9.||Mr. SHANKAR G.||B.E., M.E., (Ph.D)||Associate Professor|
|10.||Dr. MADHUSUDHAN||B.E., M.Tech., Ph.D||Associate Professor|
|11.||Mr. KRISHNA PRASAD R.||B.E., M.Tech.||Associate Professor|
|12.||Mr. MOHAN KUMAR K.||B.E., M.Tech. (Ph.D)||Associate Professor & HOD|
|13.||Mr. NAVEEN KUMAR B. K.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|14.||Mr. RACHAPPA T.||B.E., M.E.||Assistant Professor|
|15.||Ms. SWATHI G. C.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|16.||Mr. PRAMOD R. SHARMA||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|17.||Mr. SANDEEP S.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|18.||Mr. KARTHIK N. R.||B.E. M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|19.||Mr. YOGENDRA MAHAJAN||B.E., M.Tech. (Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|20.||Mr. NAVEEN BHARADISHETTAR||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|21.||Mr. SUCHITH K. S.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|22.||Mr. BASANA GOUDA C.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|23.||Mr. PRAMOD N. S.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|24.||Mr. SHIVARAJ BANAKAR||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|25.||Mr. NIRANJAN||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|26.||Ms. AKSHITHA G.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|27.||Mr. RAGHAVENDRA A.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|28.||Mr. ANJAN KUMAR R.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|29.||Mr. RAKESHA SHARMA K. R.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|30.||Ms. SUDHARANI||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|31.||Mr. CHARAN RAJ A. V.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|32.||Mr. ARJUN C.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|33.||Mr. FIROZ KHAN H.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
|34.||Mr. MURUGESAN K.||B.E., M.E.||Assistant Professor|
|35.||Mr. SUHAS B.||B.E., M.Tech.||Assistant Professor|
- Basic Workshop Introduction to Fitting and Welding Equipments. Preparation of the Specimen for Fitting and Welding. Models like T Joint, L Joint, Lap Joint and Butt Joint in Welding. In Fitting, students prepare assembled models of triangular, dovetail, semicircular and rectangular joint, etc.
- CAMD Lab Orthographic Projections – Sections of Solids – Riveted Joints – Screw Fasteners – Couplings – Assembly drawings for Screw Jack, Plumber Block, Machine Vice, Tailstock, IC engine piston, Connecting rods and tool head of a shaper.
- CIM & automation Manual Part programming for turning, parting, thread cutting – operations in lathe – Drilling – Milling – Operations for different profiles. Computer Assisted Part Programming using CAPS turn, CAPS mill, See turn, See mill – using this applications simulation of lathe, milling, drilling operations.
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing- Geometrical Constructions – Projection of Points – Lines – Planes – Solids – Isomeric Projections and Development of Surfaces.
- Design Lab- Strain gauge – polarimeter – governors – dampers – journal bearing – whirling of shafts – balancing – gyroscope.
- EC Lab- Flash and Fire Point – Junkers Calorimeter – Planimeter – Performance testing of Two Stroke Petrol, Four Stroke Petrol, Four Stroke diesel and Twin Cylinder engines – Electrical, Single cylinder mechanical and Hydraulic dynamometers – Variable Compression Ratio.
- FM Lab- Venturimeter – orifice meter – V notch – Losses – Reynolds Number – Impact of jet on vanes – Pelton Wheel – Francis Turbine – Kaplan turbine – Single stage and Multi stage reciprocating Pump – Blower – Compressor.
- Foundry & Forging Lab- Determination of the Clay content – Sand Permeability – Shear test – Compression test – Moisture content test – Foundry models like Split patterns – Single mould – double mould patterns. Demonstration of Casting Patterns – Forging models like Square nail – Square bolt – Hexagonal; bolt – Material Calculations.
- HMT Lab- Boiling and Condensation – Determination of Thermal Conductivity – Composite wall – Pinfin experiment – Free and Forced Convection – Radiation – Parallel and Counter Flow Heat Exchanges – Convection – Conduction – Parallel Flow – Emissivity – Stephen Boltzmann Constant – Vapour Compression – Refrigeration.
- Machine Shop- Lathe Operations – Turning, Parting, Knurling, Thread Cutting, Drilling –Shaping – Milling – Gear Cutting – Simple Models – 4 models respect to lathe and 2 models respect to drilling and shaping, 1 model respect to milling.
- Material Testing Lab- Preparation of Specimen – Studying the Microstructure for materials like High Carbon Steel, HSS, Mild Steel, Cast Iron, Brass, Copper, Aluminum, etc, – Studying the Mechanical Properties using destructive testing like Impact, Tensile, Compression, Wear, Fatigue tests – nondestructive tests like dye penetrating, magnetic detector, ultrasonic sound.
Mechanical Engineering Department has 2 important clubs – Dynamech and SAE.
“DynaMech” the departmental club promotes activities of co-curricular & extracurricular nature that are aimed to provide a platform to stimulate interests, that augment classroom knowledge. These are by way of lectures by expert speakers form both industry & academia.
SAEINDIA is India’s leading resource for mobility technology. As an individual member driven society of mobility practitioners the ownership of SAEINDIA wrests with its members who are Individuals from the mobility community, which includes Engineers Executives from Industry, Government Officials, Academics and Students
- Removal Of Heavy Metals And Dyes From Wastewater Using Hydrogels
- Mega ATV Championship –Season 3, Nasik Maharashtra
- Team X-TREAM SQUAD of MVJ College of engineering secured 2nd prize in an Go-Kart event organized at Aditya Engineering College, KAKINADA, AP on 14th Feb 2018
- Amulya T S(1MJ15ME400) secured 5th place in women’s half-marathon
- Vibin T(1MJ15ME137) won a Bronze Medal in Men Triple Jump