- If you love aircrafts and the designs behind them
- Explore this course,if you are interested in Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion, Aircraft Performance, Stability and Control, Avionics, Flight Vehicle Design, Aircraft Systems & Flight testing.
- To get hands on experience through Lab Experiments in addition to the other engineering disciplines.
- If your goal is to be the best in your field, then Master this course.
- Approved by AICTE
- Afiliated to VTU
- Defence (Air Force)
- Cades Ques
- Satyam Mahindra
- Taneja Aerospace
- Labs – NAL, ADE, GTRE, ADA, DRDL etc.
Air Cmde (Retd) SC Gupta Air Commodore (Retd.) SC Gupta, a gold medallist in BE (Hons.) and M.Tech from IIT Kanpur, has 42 years of experience in the field of Aeronautics, with good teaching experience at the UG and PG levels. His areas of interest include Computational Fluid Dynamics, Aero Elasticity, Aerodynamics, Stability & Control, Experimental Aircraft Design and Flight Testing. He has served in various establishments of the Air Force and DRDO. At DRDO, he has worked with ADE, DIAT, RCMA (aircraft), CEMILAC and RCMA (Kanpur). He was responsible for certification coverage to several upgrades on Jaguar, Mirage-2000 and Dornier aircrafts. He has also worked on Design of Light Combat Aircraft and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. He has developed several computer codes for aircraft design, presented papers at International Conferences, and authored a book - Aerodynamics.
His areas of interest include Computational Fluid Dynamics, Aero Elasticity, Aerodynamics, Stability & Control, Experimental Aerodynamics, Aircraft Design and Flight Testing.
|1||Prof. SC Gupta||B.E.,M.Tech.,||Professor|
|2||Mr. Punith R||B.E.,M.Tech.,||Associate Professor|
|3||Ms. Ayesha Khan M||B.E.,M.Tech.,||Assistant Professor|
- Aerodynamic Lab The students get an understanding of the nature of flow past various models through flow visualization techniques. The nature of pressure distribution over various aerofoil and body shapes is understood. The wake and boundary layer survey provided information on the momentum thickness and displacement thickness. Thus practically students apprehends the theoretical knowledge.
- Foundry & Forging Students attain hands-on experience in Foundry & Forging techniques.
- Machine Shop Students attain hands-on experience in machining skills.
- Mechanical Measurement & Metrology Students attain hands-on experience in Mechanical Measurement & Metrology.
- Modeling & Analysis Lab The CFD analysis and stress analysis techniques are developed through computer software. Thus the students hand on experience in design exercises gets enhanced.
- Propulsion Lab Students do several experiments related to aircraft engines, carry out force measurements through wall jets and measure the speed of flame propagation. This enhances the practical knowledge of the in this field of aircraft propulsion.
- Simulation Lab Several time motion studies are made. This increases students’ capability in simulation techniques.
- Structures Lab It provides the student with the practical knowledge of the various theorems, like reciprocal theorem, provides knowledge on buckling phenomenon of columns, WEGNER beam stresses information. The vibration of beam equipment provides the information on types of nodes and vibration patterns.