To be a recognized as a department of repute in Information Science and Engineering by adopting quality teaching learning process, identifying curriculum gaps and impart knowledge to make student equipped with capabilities required for professional, industrial and research areas to serve society.
- Innovation and Technically Competent: To impart quality education in Information Science and Engineering by adopting modern teaching learning processes using innovation techniques that enable them to become technically competent.
- Competitive Software Professionals: Providing training Programs that bridges gap between industry and academia, to produce competitive software professionals.
- Personal and Professional Growth: To provide scholarly environment that enables value addition to staff and students to achieve personal and profession growth.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- PEO-1: Professional development: Graduates will excel as IT Experts with Proficiency to analyze and design solutions to Information Engineering problems.
- PEO-2: Social & Ethical Values: Graduates will work in a team, showcase professionalism, ethical values, expose themselves to current trends and become responsible Engineers.
- PEO-3: Life-long Learning:Graduates will pursue higher studies with the sound knowledge of fundamental concepts and skills in basic sciences and IT disciplines.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- PSO-1: Professional Skills: An ability to understand, analyze and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design, DBMS, and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexity.
- PSO-2: Problem Solving Skills: An ability to compete practically to provide solutions for real world problems with a broad range of programming language and open source platforms in various computing domains
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Mrs. Pushpalatha M has an M.Tech degree in Network & Internet engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University and B.E. degree in Computer Science & engineering from a SJCE under the recognition of Visvesvaraya Technological University. She has overall 7 years of experience which includes 1 year of industry experience in networking sector and 6 year of teaching experience. As a part of her experience she has presented many papers in national and international conferences that was held in reputed engineering universities.Also published the paper in a renowned journal indexed to ANED and other sources.
Her areas of interest
Image processing and video surveillance.
Top Up Guest Lecture on “CLOUD COMPUTING PLATFORMS” Click here
Two day workshop on ”Big Data Analytics-Platforms & Tools” Click here
Industrial Visit to CSIR center for Matematical modelling and computer simulation (CMMAC-4 th CSIR pardigm institute) Click here
GO TO ANOTHER COURSE
GET IN T OUCH
1. Implementing Stacks, Queues and Linked Lists
2. Use of trees which are non linear data structures.
3. Use of Dynamic memory allocation
1. Creating and maintaining database applications using Oracle 10g
2. Query processing using DDL, DML, DCL.
3. Connecting Visual Basic to Oracle 10g
4. Creating forms and generating reports using back end and front ends
1. Creating files with variable and fixed length records
2. Creating simple index on the files for variable and fixed length records
3. Creating merging of files using consequential processing
4. Creating higher level indexes such as B-tree and B+ tree
1. Simulating TCD/UDP, TELNET, FTP, Ethernet LAN, ESS.
2. Finding out the bandwidth, error rate, input and output throughput of sender and receiver.
3. Determining collision across networks, performance w.r.t. transmission.
4. Error Detection using CRC, error correction using Hamming code.
5. Implementing FIFO , Sorting Frames,
6. Distance Vector, leaky bucket and RSA Algorithm