- Professional Growth: To shape graduates into hardcore professionals who would become effective leaders and noteworthy innovators in the technology areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Lifelong learning: To motivate and encourage our students to engage in lifelong learning which would help them keep abreast with contemporary developments in their fields of operation and enable them to leverage on the power of knowledge to become outstanding performers in whatever careers they choose.
- Team work: To inculcate creative thinking through innovative and group work exercises which enhances the Entrepreneur skills, Employ ability and Research capabilities.
- Skill Development: Enable students to develop skills to solve complex technological problems of current times and also provide a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
MoU with SAC, ISRO- MVJCE
MoU – Texas Instrument
IETE STUDENTS FORUM
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- PEO-1: Professional development: Graduates will have a successful career in Electronics and Communication Engineering or associated industries or higher education and research.
- PEO-2: Attitude towards lifelong-learning: Graduates will have the ability and attitude to adapt to evolving technological challenges
- PEO-3: Technical Innovation: To inculcate group work and team management skills to promote knowledge transfer leading to conceptualization and delivery of projects with varied complexity.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- PSO-1: Interpretation skills: Design, Verify and Validate Electronic functional elements for a variety of applications with skills to interpret and communicate results.
- PSO-2: Core Competency: Analysis, Design and implementation of VLSI systems, Communication systems and embedded systems.
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Dr Hameem Shanavas I
Dr. Hameem Shanavas .I has done his B.E Electronics and Communication in Noor Islam college of engineering, Thuckalay (2006), M.E VLSI Design Arulmigu Kalasalingam College of Engineering, Madurai (2008), MBA Alagappa University, Karaikudi (2009) and PhD Anna university, Chennai (2015). He has a total of 10 years of experience in ECE domain. He has rich experience in Teaching, Research, and administration in esteemed organizations.
He published more than 60 articles in International & National Publications. He is serving as editorial board member of Management Science & Engineering, Canadian Research & Development, Centre of Culture & Sciences; American Academy and Scholarly Research Centre, Seattle, WA, United States and 16 other international journals. He served as the program committee member for many international conferences and external reviewer of many international journals. He was the Editor in Chief for the Proceedings of 6th International Conferences conducted by Technical Research Organization India. He won several awards and certificates for showing proficiency in school and college academics. He is the member of professional bodies like ISECE. IAEng. IACSIT, AASRC, ISTE, AUACEE, IRED, IASIR.
His areas of interest
VLSI Physical Design, FPGA Implementations, VLSI Testing and Digital Signal Processing.