Our Electronics and Communications Engineering courses aim to impart high-quality education in an environment of vibrant research and technology development, as this impacts the key areas in Electronics and Communications.
Professional Growth: To impart to students the technical skills and leadership attributes necessary to make them pioneers in their field. This will facilitate their becoming effective contributors to the future of Electronics and Communications Engineering.
Lifelong Learning: To instil in students a perennial thirst for knowledge and a passion for innovation that will keep them abreast of contemporary developments in their fields.Team Work: To inculcate in students the spirit of teamwork and collaboration, through group projects. This will ultimately prepare them for successful careers in industry or research. Skill Development: To provide students with skill sets that would help them solve complex technological problems of the present and future, with ease. To also provide a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities.
- If you are interested in microprocessors, fibre optics, and telecommunication systems such as television, radio and telephone, computers and other electronic systems
- If your goal is to be the best in your chosen field
- If you are looking for experienced and dedicated faculty to hand hold you through the entire period of study.
Then, you are at the right place!
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is accredited for 3 year (2016-17 to 2019-20) by National Board of Accreditation (OBE),New Delhi
- Department is collaborated with SAC ISRO Ahmedabad.SAC and MVJCE signed MoU IN 2015, and jointly work towards IRNSS system verification using data collected from IRNSS receivers. Amount of Rs.10.60 has been sanctioned under ISRO- Respond program
- VGST had sanctioned an amount of 10.00 lakhs for “Setting up of Centre of Excellence in Advanced Robotics and Industrial Automation” under K-FIST(L1)
- Additional special laboratories of ROBOTICS & INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION, NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS LabVIEW ACADEMY,
- LabVIEW academy is to train students and faculty members to get Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer(CLAD).
- ROBOTICS & INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION LABORATORYis totrain students in four levels to design and develop robots.
- Department has Centre of Excellence (CoE) inCOMPUTER VISION & IMAGE PROCESSING
- Department has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Edgate Technologies (Pvt) ltd, for establishing a TEXAS INSTRUMENTSANALOG LABORATORY.
- More than 300 students completed IIT-Bombay Spoken Tutorial program in last two years
- Department is closely associated with INSTITUTE OF ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERS (IETE) Bangalore Centre to organize technical events like guest lecture, top up lecture, seminar and conferences.
- IEEEStudent Branch and IEEE-SSIT provides an opportunity for IEEE student members to begin networking in their areas of interest and future profession.
- Five National Conferences (includes 2 CSIR Sponsored) and one International Conference has been organized in department.
- Faculty members have published books, published more than 200 articles in reputed journals and conferences
- More than 50 teams won the various inter college competitions in the field of Robotics, TI online contest etc in the last two years
- 50% of students take internships in well-known organisations like DRDO, HAL, BEL, ISRO etc.
- Accredited by NBA
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Professional Development: Students will obtain the theoretical and practical acumen to excel in their careers in Electronics and Communication Engineering and associated industries. They will also be adequately equipped for higher education and research.
- Attitude towards Lifelong Learning: Our graduates will develop the ability and attitude to continuously evolve their technical capabilities and address the ever-changing technological challenges.
- Technical Innovation: The program aims to shape students into creative and innovative engineers who leverage their teamwork and management skills to conceptualize and deliver products of varying complexity.
- Interpretation Skills: Students will acquire the skills necessary to design, verify and validate electronic functional elements for a variety of applications, along with the ability to interpret and communicate results.
- Core Competences: Students will gain solid foundation in analysis, design and implementation of VLSI systems, communication systems and embedded systems.
Dr Hameem Shanavas
Besides a Doctorate in VLSI Physical Design Automation, Dr. Hameem Shanavas also holds a Masters degree in Business Administration. His experience spans over 10 years of teaching and research, along with several administrative positions. He has published more than 60 articles in International and National journals. He serves on the editorial boards of several journals and is a member of several academic societies including Management Science & Engineering, Canadian Research and Development, Centre of Culture and Sciences, American Academy and Scholarly Research Centre, Seattle, USA.
He has served as program committee member for many international conferences and as external reviewer of many international journals. He was the Editor in Chief for the Proceedings of 6th International Conference conducted by Technical Research Organization, India. He is a member of professional bodies like ISECE, IA Eng., IACSIT, AASRC, ISTE, AUACEE, IRED and IASIR.
His areas of interest
His areas of interest include VLSI Physical Design, FPGA Implementations, VLSI Testing and Digital Signal Processing.
- Analog Communication Lab
This is lab is used for Analog Electronics, Analog Communication and Digital Communication experiments. This lab is well equipped with modern CRO’s, function generators, power supply, digital oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer.
- Digital Electronics Lab
This lab is used during 3rd semester for logic design experiments. It is equipped with the modern trainer digital kits with in many built functions. This lab trains the students to in logic design subject.
- Microprocessor and DSP Lab
This lab is modernized with 27 computer system, MatLab Software, Masm software. This lab is use for the DSP experiments during 5th semester and Microprocessors programming in 6th semester.
- Power Electronics Lab
This lab is use for power electronics experiments. It is use during the 7th semester for various experiments on power electronics.
- VLSI and Microcontroller Lab
In this lab 23 modern computer system and software’s are available like cadence, Kiel, lab view. This lab can be use for the experiment in VLSI during 7th semester, Microcontroller during 4th semester.
Report on Industrial visit to ISRO
TRAINING PROGRAM ON “REAL TIME PROGRAMMING USING TIVA C SERIES”
Industrial Visit to Doordarshan Kendra
ECE -Seminar on “TI UNIVERSITY PROGRAM"
Corporate Social Responsibility
Advanced Electronics Engineering Tools
Industrial Visit to BSNL
Industrial Visit - ISRO
Advance Research Trends in Speech and Image Processing
Preconference Workshop of the 3rd International Conference on 'Design Innovations for 3C's: "Compute – Communicate – Control"
Advanced Training on Robotics and Industrial Automation Batch 1
Advanced Training on Robotics and Industrial Automation Batch 2
Introductory Training on Robotics and Industrial Automation
Report on ROBO SOCCER Competition
INDUSTRIAL VISIT – BSNL
|1||Prof. BRINDHA M||B.E.||M.Tech.||Vice-Principal||11||4||NIL|
|2||Dr. I HAMEEM SHANAVAS||B.E.||M.E.||Ph.D||Associate Professor||11||6||NIL|
|3||Dr. S ANANTHI||B.E.||M.Tech.||Ph.D||Professor||18||5||15|
|4||Dr. C KAMALANATHAN||B.E.||M.Tech.||Ph.D||Assistant Professor||12||8||NIL|
|5||Dr. SIVAKANNAN S||B.E.||M.E.||Ph.D||Assistant Professor||6.5||5||1.6|
|6||Dr. VAIDEESWARAN J||B.E.||M.E.||Ph.D||Professor||36||30||NIL|
|7||Prof. APARNA P||B.Tech||M.Tech.||Associate Professor||12||4||NIL|
|8||Prof. SREEPRIYA KURUP||B.Tech||M.Tech.||Associate Professor||6.6||NIL||3|
|9||Prof. KAVITHA D||B.E.||M.E.||Associate Professor||9||NIL||NIL|
|10||Prof. LAKSHMI.C.R||B.E.||M.E.||Associate Professor||6||NIL||NIL|
|11||Prof. KALA H S||B.E.||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||6||NIL||NIL|
|12||Prof. SHIMA RAMESH MANIYATH||B.Tech||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||7||3||NIL|
|13||Prof. PRAPHUL M N||B.E.||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||5||NIL||0.5|
|14||Prof. VARSHA P HOTUR||B.E.||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||4.5||NIL||NIL|
|15||Prof. PAVITHRA P||B.E.||M.E.||Assistant Professor||3||NIL||4|
|16||Prof. GOWTHAMI J||B.E.||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||4||NIL||1.5|
|17||Prof. JEEVA B||B.E.||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||6||NIL||NIL|
|18||Prof. AMBILI D NAIR||B.E.||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||4||NIL||NIL|
|19||Prof. FARHA KOWSER||B.E.||M.E.||Assistant Professor||6.5||NIL||NIL|
|20||Prof. MEERA K S (Long Leave)||B.Tech||M.E.||Assistant Professor||7||NIL||NIL|
|21||Prof. BHANUTEJA.G||B.E.||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||1.4||1.9||NIL|
|22||Prof. HARSHITHA R (Maternity Leave)||B.E.||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||2||NIL||NIL|
|23||Dr. Prakash Jadhav||B.E.||M.Tech.||Associate Professor||17||3||NIL|
|24||Prof. HEMA M||B.E.||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||3||NIL||NIL|
|25||Prof. ARUN ANANTHANARAYANAN||B.E.||M.S.||Assistant Professor||5||NIL||1|
|26||Prof. SHEHER BANU.S||B.E.||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||2||1||2.5|
|27||Prof. NAEEM AHMED||B.E.||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||3||NIL||1|
|28||Prof. SUPRIYA K V||B.E.||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||5||NIL||NIL|
|29||Prof. GEETHA R||B.E.||M.E.||Assistant Professor||9||NIL||3|
|30||Prof. JAISHRI PANJWANI (Maternity Leave)||B.Tech||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||7||NIL||NIL|
|31||Prof. SHIVALILA HANGARAGI (Maternity Leave)||B.E.||M.Tech.||Assistant Professor||4||NIL||NIL|
|32||Dr. P.K. Prakasha||Professor||22|
|33||Dr. GALIVEETI HEMAKUMAR REDDY||B.Tech||M.Tech||Full time||ASP||1||4.5||NIL|
An industrial visit to DDTC, BSNL was scheduled for...
ROBO SOCCER Competition organized by E-FORZA – ECE department...
Training on LINE FOLLOWER ROBOT and BT CONTROLLED ROBOT,...
Training on VOICE CONTROLLED AND GESTURE CONTROLLED ROBOT, under...