- Concepts of Computing Discipline: To educate undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students in the fundamental and advanced concepts of computer science and engineering.
- Quality Research: To equip students with a strong theoretical and practical background across the Computer Science and Engineering disciplines, with an emphasis on computing technologies, quality research, consultancy and training.
- Continuous Teaching-Learning: To promote a teaching-learning process, that brings advancements in the Computer Science and Engineering discipline leading to new technologies and products.
- Social Responsibility and Ethical Values: To inculcate professional behaviour, innovative research capabilities, leadership abilities and strong ethical values in young minds, so that they work for the betterment of the society.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- If you have a flair for logical thinking
- If you wish to develop the ability to analyse and make things work
- If Programming, Design and Network Efficiency are close to your heart
- If your goal is to excel in your chosen field
- If you are looking for faculty who will hand hold you right through your period of study
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Accredited by NBA
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- The School of Computer Science and Engineering imparts world class education in the computing discipline. Its organisational structure is designed in order to enable a dynamic response to the constant evolution of computing technology and related research.
- State-of-the-art computing facilities give students an edge in the competitive employment market.
- The School has its own library equipped with the latest books, magazines, and research journals in the fields of Computer Science and Engineering.
- The School is actively engaged in industry-academic partnerships and collaborations, and constantly works to identify areas of interest to industry.
- Students in the School maintain a chapter of the Computer Society of India (CSI) which organises quizzes, guest lectures, seminars, workshops, and coding events. The Chapter won the best student branch of the CSI for region V (karnataka and Andhra Pradesh) in the year 2013.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- Current Industry Practices: Graduates will be trained to analyse real world problems and develop solutions using current industry practices in computing technology.
- Research and Higher Studies: Graduates with strong foundation in mathematics and engineering will be fully equipped to pursue higher learning, R&D activities, and consultancy.
- Social Responsibility: Our Graduates will be professionals with ethics, who will provide industry growth and social transformation, as responsible citizens.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- Our Graduates will possess the ability to understand, analyse, and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design, DBMS and networking, for efficient design of computer-based systems, at varying levels of complexity.
- Our Graduates will be equipped to compete in the real world, and to provide solutions for real world problems using a broad range of programming languages and open source platforms, in various computing domains.
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Prof: I.Manimozhi The School of Computer Science & Engineering is headed by Prof.I.Manimozhi.she has completed Bachelors Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Post Graduation in Computer Science & Engineering. She is pursuing Ph.D in the area of Image Processing. She has 16 years of teaching experience in the field academia. She has presented research papers in National and International Journals, Scopus, IEEE Xplore and WOS. She is also associated with organizing National and International Conferences. Her areas of interest include Image processing, Embedded Intelligence systems, IOT, Network systems, and fuzzy system.
Guest Lecture on Digital Transformation
Industrial Visit to EMC – DELL Technologies
Big Data Platform: Tools and Techniques
Industrial Visit to NAL(CSIR-4PI-HEAD)
Industrial Visit to ISRO
Seminar on “Automation Testing with Selenium Web Driver”
Guest Lecture on Desired Learning Focus and Employability Requirements
Guest Lecture on Classification Techniques for High Dimensional Data
Hands on Training Report