- Concepts of computing discipline: To educate students at under graduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels in the fundamental and advanced concepts of computing discipline.
- Quality Research: To provide strong theoretical and practical background across the Computer Science and Engineering discipline with the emphasis on computing technologies, quality research, consultancy and trainings.
- Continuous Teaching Learning: To promote a teaching learning process that brings advancements in Computer Science and Engineering discipline leading to new technologies and products.
- Social Responsibility and Ethical Values: To inculcate professional behavior, innovative research Capabilities, leadership abilities and strong ethical values in the young minds so as to work with the commitment for the betterment of the society.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- PEO-1: Current Industry Practices: Graduates will analyze real world problems and give solution using current industry practices in computing technology.
- PEO-2: Research & Higher Studies: Graduates with strong foundation in mathematics and engineering fundamentals will pursue higher learning, R&D activities and consultancy.
- PEO-3: Social Responsibility: Graduates will be professionals with ethics, who will provide industry growth and social transformation as responsible citizens.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- PSO-1 An ability to understand analyze and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia ,web design ,DBMS and networking for efficient design of computer based systems of varying complexity.
- PSO-2 An ability to compete practically and to provide solutions for real world problems with a broad range of programming languages and open source platforms in various computing domains.
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Prof. Sreedevi N The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is headed by Prof Sreedevi N . Mrs.Sreedevi N did her BE(CSE) from Bangalore University, M.Tech (CSE) from JNTU, Hyderabad, and is pursuing PhD (in application of machine intelligence for disaster management) in VIT, Vellore. She has a rich teaching experience of 18 years and has been working in this organization since 2007. She is a recipient of Best Teacher award in the year 2010. Her research interest includes Computer Networks, Big data and Machine intelligence. She has published 15 papers in International and national Journals.