To prepare skilled professionals in Civil engineering technology, who move towards making a more sustainable and socially responsible future.
- Optimal environment for Lifelong learning: To create Civil engineers by creating and maintaining an optimal teaching and learning environment in which faculty grow professionally and students receive unsurpassed knowledge skills, insights and the tools for lifelong learning in their respective disciplines.
- Enhancing classroom Approaches: To provide ample classroom teaching and practical sessions and enable the students to learn technology effectively.
- Periodic interactions with industry: To expose the students to latest technology and industrial practices through industrial interactions.
- Value based education:To make socially responsible professionals through value based education.
Is this course right for you?
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
- Approved Research Centre
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- PEO-1: Professional development: They will be successful professional working in government or Private organizations as Civil Engineers.
- PEO-2: Lifelong learning: Graduates will innovate and follow sustainable practices in Civil Engineering.
- PEO-3: Higher Education: Graduates will pursue higher education that is adaptive to changing needs of profession in community.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- PSO-1: Analyze, design and implement structural, geotechnical, transportation, water supply and environmental engineering system.
- PSO-2: Apply advanced technology and modern computational methods to Civil Engineering.
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Ravi Kant Talluri
Mr. Ravi Kant Talluri has a degree in Civil Engineering from Andhra University, a Masters degree in Construction Technology from Bangalore University.
He began his career with Grandhi Associates ( a construction company), Kakinada as an Engineer, where he was responsible for estimation and valuation of Residential and Industrial complex.
He then joined M. V. J. College of Engineering as Lecturer on 2nd November 1998 and promoted as Associate Professor, in addition to teaching he was carrying out Research and Consultancy works.
Total teaching experience – 16 years
His areas of interest
Concrete Pavement Design
GO TO ANOTHER COURSE
GET IN TOUCH
In order to exploit energetic students who continually explore and experiment with design pedagogies, values and innovative practices “ Srishti” club was started in Civil Engineering Department. As part of club activity we usually organize events like quizzes, model making, debate, poster presentation etc.