- Knowledge & Innovation: The department aims in dissemination of knowledge to develop innovative solutions to the various problems in Aeronautical Engineering and related fields.
- Professional Skills: To mould students in to successful Aeronautical Engineers by maintaining best teaching and learning environment in which faculty grow professionally and students receive unsurpassed knowledge, skills, insights and tools for lifelong learning.
- Research Inculcation: To inculcate the state-of-the-art technologies and R & D to design the next generation of high performance, efficient air & space transportation.
- Socio-Ethical responsibility: To nurture Aeronautical Engineers to be sensitive to ethical, societal and environmental issues while conducting their professional work.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by AICTE
- Permanently affiliated to VTU
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT (MoA)
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1: Employability & Skills: Graduates will be successful Aeronautical Engineers in Industry, Research and Academic sectors by applying the basic principles of Mathematics, Science and Engineering, with high quality communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, both as team members and as leaders.
- PEO-2: Professional Development: Graduates will be able to synthesize data & derive technical specifications and also design and develop innovative solutions to the various problems in Aeronautical Engineering by engaging in lifelong learning and professional development.
- PEO-3: Social & Ethical values: Graduates will use modern engineering techniques, skill and tools with high degree of professional ethics and standards, to fulfill the societal and personal needs.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO-1: DGCA/FAR/FAA/MIL/JAR/DEFSTD-regulations: Use the standard government regulations/specifications for design, manufacturing and testing purposes of civil and military aircrafts and perform various maintenance related works and synthesize information / data from various sources of Aircraft operations.
- PSO-2: Design, Development & Manufacturing of aircraft and related systems: Carry out the preliminary design and development of aircraft and manufacturing of various systems involved and Predict performance characteristics along with the stability analysis.
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Air Cmde (retd) SC Gupta
Air Cmde (retd) SC Gupta obtained BE (Hons) from Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh in the year 1969 with a Gold Medal; and subsequently received M. Tech from IIT Kanpur in the year 1971. He has forty two years of experience in the field of Aeronautics.
He has served in various establishments of Air Force and DRDO. At DRDO, he has worked with, ADE, DIAT, RCMA (aircraft), CEMILAC and RCMA (Kanpur). He has been responsible for certification coverage to several upgrades on Jaguar, Mirage-2000 and Dornier aircraft; and has also worked on Design of Light Combat Aircraft and Unmanned Aerial Vehicle.
He has developed several computer codes for the design of aircraft, presented papers at International Conferences, and Authored a book. He has taught for several years at PG and UG levels. Currently he is Professor & Head of the Department of Aeronautical Engineering at the MVJ College of Engineering.
His areas of interest
Computational Fluid Dynamics, Aero Elasticity, Aerodynamics, Stability & Control, Experimental Aerodynamics, Aircraft Design and Flight Testing.