- Knowledge & Innovation: To disseminate knowledge and develop innovative solutions to pressing challenges in Aeronautical Engineering and related fields.
- Professional Skills: To mould students into successful Aeronautical Engineers, by maintaining an unparalleled teaching and learning environment in which faculty grow professionally and students receive unsurpassed knowledge, skills, insights and tools, that will stay with them for life.
- Research Inculcation: To inculcate students with knowledge and skills in state-of-the-art technologies and R&D, that will prepare them to design the next generation of high performance, efficient air and space transportation.
- Socio-Ethical Responsibility: To nurture our Aeronautical Engineering graduates to be sensitive to ethical, societal and environmental issues, while conducting their professional work.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- If you love aircrafts and the designs that are behind them
- F you are interested in Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion, Aircraft Performance, Stability and Control, Avionics, Flight Vehicle Design, Aircraft Systems and Flight Testing
- If you want to get a hands-on experience, through lab experiments in addition to the other engineering disciplines.
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by the AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT (MoA)
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Employability & Skills: Students will be prepared for successful careers as Aeronautical Engineers in Industry, Research and Academic sectors, by combining the fundamental principles in science and engineering with advanced concepts and training in communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional Development: Students will be trained to synthesize data and derive technical specifications and also design and develop innovative solutions to the various problems in Aeronautical Engineering, by engaging in lifelong learning and professional development.
- Social and Ethical values: Our students will combine modern engineering techniques, skills and tools with a high degree of professional ethics and standards, to fulfil the societal and personal needs.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- DGCA/FAR/FAA/MIL/JAR/DEFSTD Regulations: Our Graduates will be capable of using standard government regulations/specifications, for design, manufacturing and testing purposes of civil and military aircrafts, perform maintenance related work, and synthesize information and data from various sources for aircraft operations.
- Design, Development & Manufacturing of Aircraft and Related Systems: Students will be equipped to carry out preliminary design and development of aircrafts, the manufacturing of various systems involved, and predict performance characteristics along with the stability analysis.
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Air Commodore (Retd.) SC Gupta
Air Commodore (Retd.) SC Gupta, a gold medallist in BE (Hons.) and M.Tech from IIT Kanpur, has 42 years of experience in the field of Aeronautics, with good teaching experience at the UG and PG levels. His areas of interest include Computational Fluid Dynamics, Aero Elasticity, Aerodynamics, Stability & Control, Experimental Aircraft Design and Flight Testing.
He has served in various establishments of the Air Force and DRDO. At DRDO, he has worked with ADE, DIAT, RCMA (aircraft), CEMILAC and RCMA (Kanpur). He was responsible for certification coverage to several upgrades on Jaguar, Mirage-2000 and Dornier aircrafts. He has also worked on Design of Light Combat Aircraft and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles.
He has developed several computer codes for aircraft design, presented papers at International Conferences, and authored a book - Aerodynamics.
His areas of interest
Computational Fluid Dynamics, Aero Elasticity, Aerodynamics, Stability & Control, Experimental Aerodynamics, Aircraft Design and Flight Testing.