- Knowledge & Innovation: The department aims in dissemination of knowledge to develop innovative solutions to the various problems in Aeronautical Engineering and related fields.
- Professional Skills: To mould students in to successful Aeronautical Engineers by maintaining best teaching and learning environment in which faculty grow professionally and students receive unsurpassed knowledge, skills, insights and tools for lifelong learning.
- Research Inculcation: To inculcate the state-of-the-art technologies and R & D to design the next generation of high performance, efficient air & space transportation.
- Socio-Ethical responsibility: To nurture Aeronautical Engineers to be sensitive to ethical, societal and environmental issues while conducting their professional work.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by AICTE
- Permanently affiliated to VTU
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT (MoA)
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1: Employability & Skills: Graduates will be successful Aeronautical Engineers in Industry, Research and Academic sectors by applying the basic principles of Mathematics, Science and Engineering, with high quality communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, both as team members and as leaders.
- PEO-2: Professional Development: Graduates will be able to synthesize data & derive technical specifications and also design and develop innovative solutions to the various problems in Aeronautical Engineering by engaging in lifelong learning and professional development.
- PEO-3: Social & Ethical values: Graduates will use modern engineering techniques, skill and tools with high degree of professional ethics and standards, to fulfill the societal and personal needs.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO-1: DGCA/FAR/FAA/MIL/JAR/DEFSTD-regulations: Use the standard government regulations/specifications for design, manufacturing and testing purposes of civil and military aircrafts and perform various maintenance related works and synthesize information / data from various sources of Aircraft operations.
- PSO-2: Design, Development & Manufacturing of aircraft and related systems: Carry out the preliminary design and development of aircraft and manufacturing of various systems involved and Predict performance characteristics along with the stability analysis.
WHO HEADS THIS DEPARTMENT?
Dr. R.Maheshprabhu has obtained his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from Madurai Kamaraj University in the year 2000. He has completed M.Tech – Industrial Engineering from National institute of Technology, Trichirappalli in the year 2004 and Ph.D from Anna University Chennai in the year 2016. His research areas are quality engineering, process automation and decision support systems. Currently he is working in generation of information system to improve productivity in small and medium scale enterprises. He also developed an information system which automate all ISO 9001:2008 documentation and report generation. He has extended his recent research in designing and fabricating air filters. He has published 3 International journals and 10 national level technical papers. Participated in International conferences and organized faculty development programs.
He has 16 years of teaching and administrative experience from various Universities and industry. He was in different administrative roles such as Head of the department, Programme coordinator of NSS and Compliance manager. He has been certified as a best programme coordinator of NSS in the year 2014. He also serves as reviewer for few International journals and identified resource person for several engineering colleges and Universities.
His areas of interest
Operations research, Decision support systems and Quality engineering.